• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

khughes44

Reaction score
I’m not a huge fan of tweed and don’t need it much in FL but that’s a great example of how to do it, even while sneakily thumbing your nose at the daft “no navy strides” SF ‘rule’. If I was in colder weather more often I’d definitely be trying something like this, plus it’s a welcome change from the standard grey (herringbone/Donegal/marle) tweeds we usually see. I’d problies go for a blue rather than white shirt, maybe oxford or chambray as being a pasty blondie I find white shirts can wash me out. Well done!
@Thin White Duke Thank you Rod; I appreciate your comments.

I came to Style Forum to learn the rules and to “find my style” but I realize that I like almost everything, so the only real rule I follow is “wear what you have,” or, as Mrs. 44 would say, “wear what you have clean.”

khughes44

Reaction score
I like this a lot, but whats going on with the right chest? Does it just need a press or is there a sort of pucker above the dart?
Thanks for pointing that out. I think (and hope) I’ve found the culprit; the button loop over the breast pocket.

This fabric is mighty heavy; when I first picked it up I thought there were things in the pockets. The loop or keeper is made of the same stuff and it
4131F6A0-6729-4B36-B5E7-4311566A4B7A.jpeg
B342421C-8748-4CCE-9EC6-74E390A6A589.jpeg
effects the shape of the jacket. See the pics.

My tailor has reopened so I’ll get his advice and have a little surgery done on it if required.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out. I think (and hope) I’ve found the culprit; the button loop over the breast pocket.

This fabric is mighty heavy; when I first picked it up I thought there were things in the pockets. The loop or keeper is made of the same stuff and it View attachment 1398729 View attachment 1398730 effects the shape of the jacket. See the pics.

My tailor has reopened so I’ll get his advice and have a little surgery done on it if required.

Thats interesting. Certainly could be the culprit. I hate interior buttons since they make things a pain to press and I tend to have a lot of pressing to do. I like that Corozo though, looks great.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC has turned sunny but cool for June - a pleasure to be out in. I had occasion to walk through the Union Square area, and points due south this morning, and saw widespread, but sporadic, incidents of vandalism in the wake of this weekend's protests. These incidents do nothing to further the cause of justice - blind anger rarely does. But onwards to more pleasant topics . . .

Today's attire, by accident, seems to be an advertisement for UK brands - when laying things out last night, everything I grabbed seemed to be a British brand. Even today's braces, bought in New York, are marked "Made in England".

Suit - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Harvie & Hudson
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - New & Lingwood
Shoes - Gaziano & Girling private label for Paul Stuart

IMG_4072.JPG

IMG_4067.JPG
IMG_4069.JPG
IMG_4070.JPG
IMG_4071.JPG

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC has turned sunny but cool for June - a pleasure to be out in. I had occasion to walk through the Union Square area, and points due south this morning, and saw widespread, but sporadic, incidents of vandalism in the wake of this weekend's protests. These incidents do nothing to further the cause of justice - blind anger rarely does. But onwards to more pleasant topics . . .

Today's attire, by accident, seems to be an advertisement for UK brands - when laying things out last night, everything I grabbed seemed to be a British brand. Even today's braces, bought in New York, are marked "Made in England".

Suit - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Harvie & Hudson
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - New & Lingwood
Shoes - Gaziano & Girling private label for Paul Stuart

View attachment 1398983

Pleased that you are still supporting the old country upr_ ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads