• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your pimp-hand is strong in that photo.
Great suit...
The only thing I have pimp-level control over is the camera, and even then...not so often.
Such a great suit and pairing. Hopefully it will stay quarantine clean.
Unfortunately on the night of its debut it got a couple negroni stains on it from Harry’s Bar in Florence. Which, now that I think about it, is OK.
Yeah and cool $600 shades - that’s “ballin’” as the kids these days say!
I’m not going to lie, Jacques Marie Mage frames are ridiculously expensive. That said, I’m smitten and and am eyeing another pair, specifically the Enzo.
First time i notice your vampire teeth, you creature of the night !
They’re pretty rugged, mostly due to eating expensive sunglasses after having no money left for food.

Last edited:

khughes44

Reaction score
Low 50’s this morning. Break out the tweed!
#178.0
70E1E783-D44C-4087-BA08-DBD444652CAC.jpeg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not a huge fan of tweed and don’t need it much in FL but that’s a great example of how to do it, even while sneakily thumbing your nose at the daft “no navy strides” SF ‘rule’. If I was in colder weather more often I’d definitely be trying something like this, plus it’s a welcome change from the standard grey (herringbone/Donegal/marle) tweeds we usually see. I’d problies go for a blue rather than white shirt, maybe oxford or chambray as being a pasty blondie I find white shirts can wash me out. Well done!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing I have pimp-level control over is the camera, and even then...not so often.

Unfortunately on the night of its debut it got a couple negroni stains on it from Harry’s Bar in Florence. Which, now that I think about it, is OK.

I’m not going to lie, Jacques Marie Mage frames are ridiculously expensive. That said, I’m smitten and and am eyeing another pair, specifically the Enzo.

They’re pretty rugged, mostly due to eating expensive sunglasses after having no money left for food.
You know I’m a shades junky UC, with a rotation hovering around thirty pairs. I saw those JMM ones a while back and was tempted. They seem like great quality with really chunky acetate but I balked at the price. Now you’ve put them back on my radar but I think I’d have to see a better deal before I pulled the trigger. Also shades, like hats, are very difficult to order without trying on as they may look great in a pic but crap when they’re on your face so I’d definitely want to try them on before buying. A milimetre or two difference in width can be a huge difference in how they look. Any idea where I can try them in the lower 48?
I’m also intrigued by the Curry and Paxton Michael Caines but they’re 56mm which would be wider than any pair I own so again want to try them on before buying. Tired of paying return fees on ill fitting gear!

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know I’m a shades junky UC, with a rotation hovering around thirty pairs. I saw those JMM ones a while back and was tempted. They seem like great quality with really chunky acetate but I balked at the price. Now you’ve put them back on my radar but I think I’d have to see a better deal before I pulled the trigger. Also shades, like hats, are very difficult to order without trying on as they may look great in a pic but crap when they’re on your face so I’d definitely want to try them on before buying. A milimetre or two difference in width can be a huge difference in how they look. Any idea where I can try them in the lower 48?
I’m also intrigued by the Curry and Paxton Michael Caines but they’re 56mm which would be wider than any pair I own so again want to try them on before buying. Tired of paying return fees on ill fitting gear!

There was a discussion recently in another thread (maybe the Random Fashion Advice/Thoughts one) about those JMM sunglasses. Seems the consensus is they can be difficult to pull off without looking like a douche (although @UrbanComposition certainly wears them well), and trying them on before purchase is essential.

For me, I treat sunglasses roughly and have a tendency to lose them on boats, at the beach, leave them behind in hotel rooms, etc., so I rarely spend more than $50 on a pair nowadays.

Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a boutique 5 minutes away from me that carries JMM.
As soon as I can stomach the anxiety of going into a store, I'm going to go try some on and see what level of douche I slot into...

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s true that some JMM frames can be a little sleazy (in a good way) but the Mollino and Dealan are fairly innocuous and slide pretty easily across styles.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There was a discussion recently in another thread (maybe the Random Fashion Advice/Thoughts one) about those JMM sunglasses. Seems the consensus is they can be difficult to pull off without looking like a douche (although @UrbanComposition certainly wears them well), and trying them on before purchase is essential.

For me, I treat sunglasses roughly and have a tendency to lose them on boats, at the beach, leave them behind in hotel rooms, etc., so I rarely spend more than $50 on a pair nowadays.
The kent wang ones are all you need. Good price, longtime sf supporter well made and look good in any situation

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The kent wang ones are all you need. Good price, longtime sf supporter well made and look good in any situation

Just took a quick look at the website. They look good and simple, just my style. Thanks for the recommendation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads