• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

psb

Reaction score
Yes. Locals are used to me and don't give me a second look or just give a friendly compliment. Most people who know me never comment on my clothes. Unless I am in soccer clothes which is shocking to them. They don't realize I play soccer.
With non-locals it is usually very different person to person. Most people who have never seen me think I am going to a formal event, such as horse racing or a wedding. Some women wish me "Congratulations" which I ignore, because they don't understand it is a Traditionalist lifestyle and not my wedding day. Other people think it is a work uniform or my personal style. I have been mistaken in Morning Dress for a banker, a railroad administrator, a politician/council member, a magician, a hotel concierge, an industrialist, theatre/movie actor, an attorney, and people often think I work in real estate or am a real estate developer. Right now there are no tourists with Corona Virus, so the locals are actually pretty laid back being the vast majority of people don't care about my look or appreciate it. Most of the entire metropolitan area knows it's my style as they have seen me doing my thing 365 for almost 2 decades. When we get real drunk and/or coked out tourists they call me "Monopoly Man" ask me for Grey Poupon, or even a magic trick, as they stagger off using both sides of the sidewalk.
Thank you very much for your answer. You have my admiration for your courage.

NorwRichard

Reaction score
It’s summer time in Norway! Though this unstructured Zegna seersucker jacket is acting all weird..
3A53189B-8DC3-4123-AACE-0DBD0DEAEF1E.jpeg

JJ Katz

Reaction score
Morning Dress handmade C. 1915. It has become the most common outfit I wear. I have 14 Morning Dress "Suits" and this is my favourite even though the 2 buttons makes it more dated or vintage looking. Still elegant as ever to my own eyes. I am having my first bespoke Morning Dress made so I can wear it comfortably in the middle of the summer heat when it arrives. I will post pics when it is finished. View attachment 1397709 View attachment 1397710 View attachment 1397713

Love it!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no robopose, no multiple pics, just happy it’s not raining.
View attachment 1397961
Such a great suit and pairing. Hopefully it will stay quarantine clean.

These are all beautiful pieces, but I think they are too much together. The colors in the jacket, tie and square are clashing in my opinion.

30th birthday garden party
View attachment 1398020
Happy birthday. Lovely suit. You didn't tell your lady about SF's obsession with bare feet?

megadork2000

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your answer. You have my admiration for your courage.

Nothing anyone could wear would stand out or be considered unusual where we live. Anything goes. Especially if it's nice.

Tibor, I'll bet we all get mistaken for employees, managers, detectives, and lawyers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads