• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score

Kwehling

Reaction score
Best regards.
WtiH_2020_05_29.jpg

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from the FC 'Smart with a Face Mask?'

The mask is from John Simons and I am wearing my first pair of Belgian loafers today from Berwick 1707, also on their maiden voyage:

FC Face Mask smart.jpg

FC Face M sans.jpg

FC Face Mask feet (2).jpg

Blazer - bespoke // Shirt - CT // Tie - Budd Shirtmakers // PS - TM Lewin's Italian range // Linen trou - Jeff Banks // Shades - Persol
New Belgian loafers deets.jpg

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from the FC 'Smart with a Face Mask?'

The mask is from John Simons and I am wearing my first pair of Belgian loafers today from Berwick 1707, also on their maiden voyage:

View attachment 1397155

View attachment 1397156

View attachment 1397157

Blazer - bespoke // Shirt - CT // Tie - Budd Shirtmakers // PS - TM Lewin's Italian range // Linen trou - Jeff Banks // Shades - Persol
View attachment 1397158

Your Belgian loafers are quite handsome - wear them in good health!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather has continued warm and quite unbearably humid in NYC, and, due to a minor but vital mechanical failure on the part of my stationary bike on Monday this week (one of the pedals fell off - a replacement set in in the works), I have had to replace my previously private sessions of sweatiness with public ones, substituting walking around Manhattan for biking in place. This has thrown my daily schedule off a bit (hence the lateness of this post), but has brought the occasional dividend, as yesterday, in my travels, I passed by Paul Stuart's, where the window displays were being changed. I took this as a sign that preparations were underway for the store (and others like them) to re-open in some fashion - a welcome portent.

For today, my exertions were all of a practical nature - grocery shopping, entirely on foot. Returning home after my third foray of the morning, there was nothing I wanted more than to clean up, and dress up, in a relaxed manner apropos of a Friday. Recycling yesterday's shirt, and digging through the archives, below is what I concocted for my attire for the afternoon.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt & trousers - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Polo Ralph Lauren
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

IMG_4064.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG
IMG_4061.JPG
IMG_4062.JPG
IMG_4063.JPG

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The weather has continued warm and quite unbearably humid in NYC, and, due to a minor but vital mechanical failure on the part of my stationary bike on Monday this week (one of the pedals fell off - a replacement set in in the works), I have had to replace my previously private sessions of sweatiness with public ones, substituting walking around Manhattan for biking in place. This has thrown my daily schedule off a bit (hence the lateness of this post), but has brought the occasional dividend, as yesterday, in my travels, I passed by Paul Stuart's, where the window displays were being changed. I took this as a sign that preparations were underway for the store (and others like them) to re-open in some fashion - a welcome portent.

For today, my exertions were all of a practical nature - grocery shopping, entirely on foot. Returning home after my third foray of the morning, there was nothing I wanted more than to clean up, and dress up, in a relaxed manner apropos of a Friday. Recycling yesterday's shirt, and digging through the archives, below is what I concocted for my attire for the afternoon.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt & trousers - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Polo Ralph Lauren
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

View attachment 1397381

TASSEKS

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Our 90-degree days are starting which means today is the last day of regular tie wearing as a result last day in a suit as an extension last day wearing french cuffs
20200529_135715.jpg

I should clean my mirror.

20200529_141745.jpg

I think the fabric is sotkas which I only say to point out the shirts were commissioned like in November or December at the latest and i realized today it has a freaking stain you can see.

20200529_142034.jpg

I like these shoes but they have a weird shape to the sole and my right-most ball (foot kind) always hurts after wearing.

Suit from noble house
Shirt from hemrajani
Tie from kamakura
Suspenders from some chain mens store in italy
Square from @Kent Wang
Socks from schostal
Shoes from Ypsom's in Paris
Underbritches from the Target at Edgewood Shopping Center Hanes section

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morning Dress handmade C. 1915. It has become the most common outfit I wear. I have 14 Morning Dress "Suits" and this is my favourite even though the 2 buttons makes it more dated or vintage looking. Still elegant as ever to my own eyes. I am having my first bespoke Morning Dress made so I can wear it comfortably in the middle of the summer heat when it arrives. I will post pics when it is finished.
IMG_20200529_222130_176.jpg
IMG-20200529-WA0010-02.jpeg
20200529_233010.jpg

psb

Reaction score
Morning Dress handmade C. 1915. It has become the most common outfit I wear. I have 14 Morning Dress "Suits" and this is my favourite even though the 2 buttons makes it more dated or vintage looking. Still elegant as ever to my own eyes. I am having my first bespoke Morning Dress made so I can wear it comfortably in the middle of the summer heat when it arrives. I will post pics when it is finished. View attachment 1397709 View attachment 1397710 View attachment 1397713
Amazing and very, very elegant. Do you really go out like this every day? Not that I don't like the look, it is fantastic, but how is the reaction of people around you?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
GO VOTE !

BlairW

Reaction score
Today afternoon i had the chance to listen to a one-to-one concert, which means one musician, one listener. This is an initiative of the local philharmonic orchestra to keep some concert culture alive during corona. "My" musician performed
a violin sonata from Telemann.

The sun was shining, the weather was fantastic and the view was great. This was a chance to wear a summer suit.
Taking pictures during the musical performance was not allowed.

View attachment 1396828
Nice look. Can I ask what size suit you wear please?

Reactions: psb

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing and very, very elegant. Do you really go out like this every day? Not that I don't like the look, it is fantastic, but how is the reaction of people around you?

Yes. Locals are used to me and don't give me a second look or just give a friendly compliment. Most people who know me never comment on my clothes. Unless I am in soccer clothes which is shocking to them. They don't realize I play soccer.
With non-locals it is usually very different person to person. Most people who have never seen me think I am going to a formal event, such as horse racing or a wedding. Some women wish me "Congratulations" which I ignore, because they don't understand it is a Traditionalist lifestyle and not my wedding day. Other people think it is a work uniform or my personal style. I have been mistaken in Morning Dress for a banker, a railroad administrator, a politician/council member, a magician, a hotel concierge, an industrialist, theatre/movie actor, an attorney, and people often think I work in real estate or am a real estate developer. Right now there are no tourists with Corona Virus, so the locals are actually pretty laid back being the vast majority of people don't care about my look or appreciate it. Most of the entire metropolitan area knows it's my style as they have seen me doing my thing 365 for almost 2 decades. When we get real drunk and/or coked out tourists they call me "Monopoly Man" ask me for Grey Poupon, or even a magic trick, as they stagger off using both sides of the sidewalk.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads