• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Belatedly, yesterday's outfit: Self Isolation, Day 69. Yellow and indigo. This waistcoat is a Rag and Bone one that I eBayed last month. In attempting a 2/3rds of a 3-piece suit look, I ended up combining a rather more casual waistcoat with a rather more formal suit: the waistcoat has a soft lapel roll, as opposed to the crisp lines of the linen. The stark lighting of my study mutes the contrasting textures, so I attached a few detail shots. Thoughts? I suppose that the quarantine runway is as good a place to experiment as I'm going to get.

At any rate, the most important thing is to color coordinate with what we're reading. For Natasha Boyd's book, I didn't want to do a completely monochromatic scheme, but I did want to bring the signature dye in.

Stay safe. Stay sane. Do the things that bring you joy.

Shirt: 319 Men in Charleston.

Linen suit: Brooks Brothers.

Socks of mysterious provenance.

Vintage items from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Brooks Brothers tie in a double four-in-hand; tie bar; Trafalgar braces; Rag and Bone waistcoat; Zelli loafers.

Antique linen pocket square from a friend.

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #WFHFashion #LockDownDressUp

20200521_110129.jpg 20200521_110707.jpg 20200521_110819.jpg
20200522_112124.jpg 20200522_112132.jpg

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing jacket. Where's it from? Love the pockets and button stance. Gorge is kind of high.

Thanks. Kent Wang made this one. I think I agree about the gorge. I go back and forth about whether I would replace the chest patch pocket with a barchetta if I had to do it over again.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lion and me.

IMG_4368.jpeg

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, pink, blue, and white glen plaid PPBD shirt, and BB#1 stripe tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Banana Republic grey glen plaid cotten/linen blend trousers, Golf Knickers argyle socks, and Allen-Edmonds grey suede shoes.

jiredell

Reaction score
Belatedly, yesterday's outfit: Self Isolation, Day 69. Yellow and indigo. This waistcoat is a Rag and Bone one that I eBayed last month. In attempting a 2/3rds of a 3-piece suit look, I ended up combining a rather more casual waistcoat with a rather more formal suit: the waistcoat has a soft lapel roll, as opposed to the crisp lines of the linen. The stark lighting of my study mutes the contrasting textures, so I attached a few detail shots. Thoughts? I suppose that the quarantine runway is as good a place to experiment as I'm going to get.

At any rate, the most important thing is to color coordinate with what we're reading. For Natasha Boyd's book, I didn't want to do a completely monochromatic scheme, but I did want to bring the signature dye in.

Stay safe. Stay sane. Do the things that bring you joy.

Shirt: 319 Men in Charleston.

Linen suit: Brooks Brothers.

Socks of mysterious provenance.

Vintage items from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Brooks Brothers tie in a double four-in-hand; tie bar; Trafalgar braces; Rag and Bone waistcoat; Zelli loafers.

Antique linen pocket square from a friend.

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #WFHFashion #LockDownDressUp

View attachment 1393072 View attachment 1393073 View attachment 1393074
View attachment 1393093 View attachment 1393094
I really like how the dark of the waistcoat and your socks seem to be at odds with the otherwise "casual" elements of your outfit: what looks like a cotton suit--although hard to tell from the pics. But this, with the french cuff shirt, and the tie--I think you've combined "formal" and "casual" elements in an interesting way here. Bravo!

megadork2000

Reaction score
Hustlebones
sf97.PNG
sf98.JPG
sf99.JPG

Bonus pic:
Look mom, I'm thrifting! We're in phase 3 now, many stores opened yesterday. Waited in line 55 minutes to pay for a yellow shirt($3). The abundance of half naked women help pass the time. There's something rather sexy about those little mask...Ended the day with 2 yellowish solid dress shirts, and a SWEET pair of chocolate dress pants. No alterations required.

sf100.JPG

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jiredell

Reaction score
I like it too. I just feel bad for your lonely ties. Like a dog constantly waiting to be walked.
While there's nothing wrong with having a little chutzpah, don't forget that this isn't exactly a gaming forum. What everyone here is after is some sense of affirmation when it all comes down to it. We all like the same sort of thing, and we all want to be a part of the same community.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lion and me.

View attachment 1393344

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, pink, blue, and white glen plaid PPBD shirt, and BB#1 stripe tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Banana Republic grey glen plaid cotten/linen blend trousers, Golf Knickers argyle socks, and Allen-Edmonds grey suede shoes.
I love nothing more than a good lion shot.

I title this ensemble "Chocolate Rain" (it's currently overcast and drizzling).

20200522_190215.jpg
20200522_190534.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads