• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worn sometime ago...

SAM_6039.JPG
SAM_6040.JPG
SAM_6049.JPG
SAM_6048.JPG
thumbnail.jpg

MrKaizen

Reaction score
Reactions: EFV

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Belatedly, yesterday's outfit: Self-Isolation, Day 25. In humble imitation of @jiredell : linen, lavender, and lemon.

My week of sartorial excesses continues. Yes, I chose another ensemble with my odd waistcoat. I also purchased this shirt and this tie together, and have found that this tie goes with practically no other article in my wardrobe. But I shall stand by my impracticality, and call it a "statement piece."

In online literature discussions, we covered the original social distancer, and we lived deliberately.

Stay safe. Stay sane. Do the things that bring you joy.

Threads cited:
Suit: Brooks Brothers

Shirt: Grady Ervin, Charleston.

Tie: 319 Men, Charleston.

Quartermaster Pocket Watch from my grandfather.

Socks: Ben Silver, Charleston.

Braces: Cordial Churchman.

Waistcoat: J. Crew.
Vintage items from eBay and thrift: Tie bar; cufflinks; Zelli suede loafers
Antique linen pocket square from a friend.
Warby Parker glasses.
Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watchband.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #WFHFashion #LockDownDressUp

20200409_140233.jpg 20200409_090245.jpg .

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is the end of the week, and although I am no longer working, and even though we are all effectively housebound for public health reasons, I still like being dressed up, at least to a degree. The weather in NYC has turned colder, with a slight chance of rain later today, but I am ignoring, for the moment, the chance of wetness, and concentrating on the coolness, and the wind chill, which is alleged to be significant, with my choice of attire for today.

As it's Friday, a sports jacket is appropriate attire, and today's is a recently acquired favorite of mine.

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart
Shirt - The Shirt Store (long defunct - today's shirt is about 20 years old)
Tie & trousers - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Crockett & Jones
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - New & Lingwood
Cap - Paul Stuart

IMG_3851.JPG

IMG_3845.JPG
IMG_3846.JPG
IMG_3848.JPG
IMG_3849.JPG
IMG_3850.JPG

jiredell

Reaction score
Great look. Might want to choose a more neutral, less distracting background for your shots. Seeing a nuclear power plant in the background draws our attention away from the fabulous outfit.
Hahaha. Sorry, I don’t mean to be flip, but @chocsosa’s fits make them such that anyone is hardly paying any attention to the background.

Miles R.

Reaction score
I got these trousers from Land's End (yes, I know the company writes "Lands' End," but they got it wrong) a couple of years ago. On first sight I thought them so drab that I considered sending them back, but they have become one of my favorite pairs. The catalogue classified the color as "brown," which is ridiculous, as they are plainly olive, with a faint orange check over the olive. Shirt and tie from Brooks Brothers. Coat by Ralph Lauren Chaps. Pocket square from the Tie Bar. Hat (my current favorite) by Biltmore. Shoes (also my favorites) and belt by Carlos Santos. I don't recall the origin of the socks.

2020.04.11 (1).jpg

2020.04.11 (2).jpg

2020.04.11 (3).jpg

loarbmhs

Reaction score
I got these trousers from Land's End (yes, I know the company writes "Lands' End," but they got it wrong) a couple of years ago. On first sight I thought them so drab that I considered sending them back, but they have become one of my favorite pairs. The catalogue classified the color as "brown," which is ridiculous, as they are plainly olive, with a faint orange check over the olive. Shirt and tie from Brooks Brothers. Coat by Ralph Lauren Chaps. Pocket square from the Tie Bar. Hat (my current favorite) by Biltmore. Shoes (also my favorites) and belt by Carlos Santos. I don't recall the origin of the socks.

View attachment 1369480

View attachment 1369482

View attachment 1369483
For what it's worth, Lands' End realized (belatedly) that they had the apostrophe in the wrong place, but then decided the name would mean "at the end of lands" (plural), so they allowed it to stand. So I'm afraid we're stuck with the apostrophe being at the end. Unless you have enough spare cash on hand to buy them out and change it of course.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BrioniDrakes-01.jpg
BrioniDrakes-02.jpg
BrioniDrakes-03.jpg
BrioniDrakes-05.jpg

Blue Easter

Jacket & Shirt: Drake's
Tie: Brioni
PS: Boivin
Pants: Incotex
Chukkas: Paraboot
Scarf: Zegna

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't see my friend Bunny this year. Here's a picture of us taken in 2015.

11080705_10153172340848396_1527978707971400738_o.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads