• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
29B704BD-878F-4B8B-9033-98BB57A93A0A.jpeg

megadork2000

Reaction score
Thanks jiredell,

It's just a separate light weight jacket. I got it at Nordstroms and it wasn't part of a suit. It looks ridiculously short in this picture, but it isn't that way IRL. Kind of a modern/younger fit though.

I actually had those shoes soled, they originally had a rubber soles. I have several pairs of green leather shoes, and blue. What can I say?

I REALLY appreciate the feedback. Newbs(like me) can learn a lot here. There's a magic quality when I post here, I can see much more clearly what doesn't look right almost immediately. This thread amplifies the defects.

psb

Reaction score
Today working in the office as usual.
Have a successful and healthy week all together.

Details:
Jacket: Loro Piana
Shirt: Tyrwhitt
Tie: von Amper
PS: Olymp signature
Shoes: Heinrich Dinkelacker cordovan
Watch: Vintage Eterna swiss made, 1970
Socks: Pantherella

####4 - Kopie.jpg
####1 - Kopie.jpg
####2 - Kopie.jpg
####3 - Kopie.jpg
####5 - Kopie.jpg
####6 - Kopie.jpg

Last edited:

Camerashy

Reaction score
Quick question on jacket lengths please as it’s mentioned above
I was told some years ago that it you put your arm down by your side, then clench your hand, that where the jacket length should be
any other options please.
thanks

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question on jacket lengths please as it’s mentioned above
I was told some years ago that it you put your arm down by your side, then clench your hand, that where the jacket length should be
any other options please.
thanks

Reactions: psb

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sun has returned to NYC, and the weather is mild enough to dispense with an overcoat, hat, or scarf.

As AAS suggested recently, our time of public health enforced house arrest could be gainfully used for the review of our collective wardrobes, in order to see what should be "de-accessioned" (i.e. find its way to the local thrift store). Today's choice of attire reflects that review, for me, at least.

Today's suit was acquired well in excess of 10 years ago, when I was a somewhat larger gentleman, and has been altered to fit my more current size, a process through which I've been with several suits, and with repetition, I find that the results less and less satisfactory. Today's suit was initially closer to my current size than had been some other suits that have passed out of my possession, but it still looks (to me, at least) as if it were not quite my right size (certainly, the shoulders are wider than our my shoulders at present). The jacket is also a bit long by current standards, and the trousers a bit full (and a bit long, reflective of the shrinkage of my cartilage with the aging process).

I've not had occasion to wear today's suit since a friend's wedding last July, so removing it from the rotation will hardly leave me bereft of clothing options.

But, that being said, my attire for the day is more than adequate to insulate me from the outside elements, though more than a bit much for the activities available at this time due to the health emergency. However, donning the suit makes me feel better - mental health is important too, in this time of crisis.

Suit - Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Regent
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Damiano Presta, Rome
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's, NYC

IMG_3829.JPG

IMG_3825.JPG
IMG_3826.JPG
IMG_3827.JPG
IMG_3828.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads