• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I use my pockets. I usually keep my keys, my hands, pens, tissue, pieces of paper, etc in them. I rather keep those items in my jacket pocket rather than my pants pockets. I usually keep my cellphone and wallet in my interior chest pockets. I agree that pockets are there for a reason. Not just decoration.

This is the reason I always ask for oversized patch pockets whenever I have a jacket made. I put everything in there, including a scarf and gloves in the winter.

-DL

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I use my pockets. I usually keep my keys, my hands, pens, tissue, pieces of paper, etc in them. I rather keep those items in my jacket pocket rather than my pants pockets. I usually keep my cellphone and wallet in my interior chest pockets. I agree that pockets are there for a reason. Not just decoration.
I actually started dressing well (well, trying lol) when I discovered jackets had internal pockets. I DESPISE having things jangling around in my pockets. If, after a number of years, my hip pockets bulge and sag a bit, that's a trade off I will take a thousand times over.

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IT’S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! We’re heading to the end of voting for the next SF superstar! CAST YOUR VOTE NOW!!

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A mix of color and linen on a warmer day..
SAM_6069.JPG
SAM_6052.JPG
SAM_6058.JPG
SAM_6056.JPG
SAM_6054.JPG
SAM_6062.JPG
SAM_6061.JPG
SAM_6063.JPG

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know you are tall, but I do think that seven buttons at the cuff are a few too many. Other than that, nice outfit with lovely colours!

Miles R.

Reaction score

jiredell

Reaction score
@megadork2000 I like the tie here. Generally, this isn’t bad but there are a number of things I would address, if it was me.

There’s a lot going on there, between the shirt’s stripes, the tie, and the pocket square. Not really sure what you’re trying to pull together. Recently you wore a solid shirt and that looked really good. Try to stick to those.

The jacket looks like a suit jacket reconnoitered as a sport coat. It’s hard to tell from the photo, but it also looks like it might be a little short on you.

I hate to say so, but I’d ditch the shoes. I love nubucks but I tend to stick to white or some combo of off-white and tan. If you look at @Roycru’s repertoire of nubuck shoes, that will give you a good idea of how you can make those work.

Hope this helps! And I hope that your kid’s pizza party is very limited in terms of invitees, and other general “let’s-not-share-our-germs-ness.”

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics