• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LIfe must go on.

P1010020.JPG
P1010040.JPG
P1010029.JPG
P1010013.JPG
P1010010.JPG
P1010023.JPG
P1010056.JPG

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BoivinScavini-01.jpg
BoivinScavini-02.jpg
BoivinScavini-03.jpg
BoivinScavini-04.jpg
BoivinScavini-05.jpg

Still back home in Stockholm. Have to admit that I dressed more for myself than for work. I alternate between working at home and some things that have to be done at the office. Interestingly the level of formality have dropped considerably even among those who actually go to the office. Apparently the apocalypse is best confronted in streetwear.

A friendly neighbourhood cat also paid a visit.

Suit: Scavini
Shirt: Finamore
Tie: Boivin
PS: Stenströms
Shoes: Morjas

Last edited:

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Those shoes are brilliant, sir. Wrinkled hosiery forgiven.

And yes, like you, I must dress with visibility in mind, in anticipation of our eventual return to public life--whenever that might be.

I'm still dressing as if I were visible to others, although the only time that actually happens is when I go outside, in which case most of this is usually covered in an overcoat, as it is still cold here in Massachusetts.

View attachment 1364047

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
The neighborhood feline outdressed you, but only barely.

It's difficult to outdress a calico kitty.

View attachment 1364339 View attachment 1364340 View attachment 1364341 View attachment 1364342 View attachment 1364343

Still back home in Stockholm. Have to admit that I dressed more for myself than for work. I alternate between working at home and some things that have to be done at the office. Interestingly the level of formality have dropped considerably even among those who actually go to the office. Apparently the apocalypse is best confronted in streetwear.

A friendly neighbourhood cat also paid a visit.

Suit: Scavini
Shirt: Finamore
Tie: Boivin
PS: Stenströms
Shoes: Alden

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
I skipped yesterday's outfit, so here it is. I shall post today's outfit shortly, after another online class.

Belatedly, yesterday's outfit: Self Isolation, Day 16. Shades of Pollen. What was the consensus on wearing black shoes with khakis? I figure the four walls of my home are a safe place to experiment in sartorial matters.

More of <i>Frankenstein</i> today. In our Discord discussion, a student did a poetry presentation on Byron's poem "Darkness." The student structured the presentation as a series of choose-your-own-adventure posts in which the class voted for each choice by emoji, walking the class through the plot of the poem step by step. Much-needed levity for a postapocalyptic poem.

I also have been posting my outfits on my class's Discord channel, as part of my mandate to wear clothing and shoes to professional meetings, even if said shoes are immediately placed back in their cedar trees after the meeting. Also, of course everybody has cedar shoe trees.

Threads cited:

Custom shirt: Grady Ervin in Charleston.

Blazer: Brooks Brothers

Bowtie: R. Hanauer, from Landry's in Oxford, Mississippi.

Chinos: J. Crew.

Pocket Square: Ben Silver.

Socks: Pantherella

Vintage items from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Alden loafers.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker. .

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #WFHFashion #LockDownDressUp

20200331_145839.jpg 20200331_145713.jpg 20200331_145919.jpg 20200331_145954.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On this, April Fool's Day, I have engaged in, perhaps, a foolish endeavor, playing Wardrobe Roulette, that game in which one dons clothing that one has not worn in a very long time, with the chance that it will no longer fit. Happily, since even before our common enforced leisure at home, I had stepped up my exercise program, such that the trend for my body weight is on a slightly down curve, meaning that everything donned today fitted (well, at least as well as it did originally).

Today's suit, from the dry cleaner tags, hadn't been worn in 18 months, and today's shirt, not in a year. It is moments like this that remind me that my wardrobe is larger than I imagine.

At least the sun is shining in NYC - exercise, at least in the form of errand running, may be in order.

Suit - Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Vancouver Art Museum
Braces - Lewin
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson
Shoes - Crockett & Jones
Topcoat - Tyrwhitt
Scarf - Ede & Ravenscroft
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center

IMG_3818.JPG

IMG_3812.JPG
IMG_3813.JPG
IMG_3815.JPG
IMG_3816.JPG
IMG_3817.JPG

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have been working from home lately, until today...

Not cognisant of the risk of being
locked inside the office, I ventured into the office to fetch this suit (the jacket of which i am now wearing). Then the risk materialised:
View attachment 1364263

Somehow I was able to get in, grab this suit that i was hanging in the office, and took a selfie in. Then as i went out for a delivery and tried to come back in, i was locked outside with all my stuff inside!

So I’m now sitting at the reception of the firm, waiting the security guard to rescue me at 5pm...

View attachment 1364264

Guess the moral is: Style is prized and sometimes pricey. Sometimes the price can be as dear as liberty. (Jk)

Jacket (part of suit): Light grey PoW Fresco from Prologue
Shirt: Blue bengal stripe poplin button-down from Peter Lee
Tie: Navy Shantung from Drake’s
Trousers: Mid grey from M&S
Socks: Mid grey OTC from Berg&Berg by Brescianni
Shoes: Dark brown shell cordovan pennies from C&J

So gents, enjoy your WFH days (with a relatively higher degree of liberty than I have right now)!

Cheers,
Royal_Airforce
Oooooh dig this look. Post some better pics of the jacket (well, suit) if you can. Would love to see how aggressive that looks as a full suit. From that pic, it looks far tamer (in a good way) than I would have guessed.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was asked to participate in a campaign for a Swedish shirt brand, making something fun on the topic of “working from home”:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics