• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another reverse security guard. This time with a tweed jacket and flannel pants.

A204ED01-7364-4F39-BD49-D9DE27D574CB.jpeg

FC86B372-B0BC-4D3F-A3D0-B7664DF8C3C0.jpeg

A08A29F9-0A7F-4D8D-9CB4-A38B77306D3B.jpeg

gavspen

Reaction score
How Do You Store Pantherella? In The Saddle...

View attachment 1345808

Forgive me for what is obviously a pedantic nit-pick from a non-poster, but for someone so into his (and other people's) shoes I'm surprised you tie yours with the bow lined up like that. To me, it looks more elegant and neater if the bow is perpendicular to the line of the foot. No offense, I trust?

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgive me for what is obviously a pedantic nit-pick from a non-poster, but for someone so into his (and other people's) shoes I'm surprised you tie yours with the bow lined up like that. To me, it looks more elegant and neater if the bow is perpendicular to the line of the foot. No offense, I trust?

Thank you, No offense taken, by the end of day, I just wanted to Pic and get them (heavy) Off. Everything you said is True, (footwork:) No Offense!

eightace

Reaction score
Hi gents, first post on this thread, but been following for a while.

I recently bought 5 ties from Shibumi. They're sensational, and I wanted to share. So here goes:

Tie 1.jpg

Tie 2.jpg

Tie 3.jpg

Tie 4.jpg

Tie 5.jpg
Tie 1.jpg
Tie 2.jpg
Tie 3.jpg
Tie 4.jpg
Tie 5.jpg

Last edited:

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
^
Thank you, Mr. Shubumi, Inc..
They might show better if they weren't set inside the frame of a washed out suit backed by a washed out shirt.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
...I'm surprised you tie yours with the bow lined up like that. To me, it looks more elegant and neater if the bow is perpendicular to the line of the foot.
Have you considered that since a foot moves up and down a lot, a wispy little bow might get jarred askew? Awfully inelegant granted, but O the price we pay when we decide to move about a bit.

gavspen

Reaction score
Have you considered that since a foot moves up and down a lot, a wispy little bow might get jarred askew? Awfully inelegant granted, but O the price we pay when we decide to move about a bit.
A little perhaps, but I dont think that's what's happening here. There's a way to tie the bow so that it tends to stay perpendicular. The difference between a granny and a reef knot. As I said, a rather pedantic nit-pick. ;)

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A special weekend edition for me, as I am attending the Metropolitan Opera this afternoon, and thus have the excuse to dress for the occasion, though it is a matinee. I've opted for one of my more favorite suits, a pair of cufflinks I bought on sale several years ago, and haven't worn in ages, and a cap rather than a proper hat, so as to ease any coat check issues at the Met.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - YSL
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Braces - Albert Thurston via Paul Stuart
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Johnstons of Elgin
Cap - Paul Stuart

IMG_3714.JPG

IMG_3709.JPG
IMG_3710.JPG
IMG_3711.JPG
IMG_3712.JPG
IMG_3713.JPG

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was driving past the Peterless Pan Fountain in Beverly Gardens Park in Beverly Hills today and realized hadn't taken a picture with it for five years so stopped and took a picture with it.

It's not much of a fountain anymore. It seems like the city's entire fountain water budget goes to the Electric Fountain, leaving very little water for the other fountains.

When I was a little kid there was enough water for all the fountains. (No, did not celebrate Leap Day by leaping into the fountain.)

IMG_4094.jpeg

Brooks Brothers corduroy jacket I got when Nixon was President, L L Bean (made in USA) brown and green on white Tattersall OCBD shirt with a pocket flap (just like J. Press), Rugby Ralph Lauren pocket square, Polo Ralph Lauren unlined pseudo BB#1 stripe tie, Vineyard Vines belt, Orvis moleskin trousers, Eddie Bauer argyle socks, and (made in 1984) Allen-Edmonds saddle shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads