• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

loarbmhs

Reaction score
The knot needs some improvement.
The rest looks fine to me.
Jacket should lay flat at your shoulders, which this doesn't, even allowing for your one hand being raised to take a selfie.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bundled up
IMG_20200224_123435_867.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1343326
Would love some feedback on the top panel. Never paired light gray flannel with brown.

tie knot is a mess.

From a few feet away this will look like three solids - shirt, tie and jacket. My personal bias would be to break it up a bit with a patterned shirt - stripes or maybe a fuzzy blue and white houndstooth I got from CT - but there’s nothing wrong with what you have here.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?

Standing in front of 4647 Kingswell Avenue in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles which was the location of the first Walt Disney Studio (where the copy shop is now).

IMG_4066.jpeg

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, tie, pocket square, and OCBD shirt, Lyle & Scott Fair Isle sweater vest, Orvis corduroy trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, a piece of a person with Poulet Basquaise and a Kir Royal at Bistrot Figaro on Vermont Ave in Los Feliz picture.

IMG_4071.jpeg

Some may have noticed in these pictures I am interacting with two things, corduroy trousers and a Kir Royal, that have my name as parts of their names. Not everyone can do this.

Rabid 'Mad Men' fans may have noticed the "Dresden Parking" sign in the first picture. The Dresden Restaurant, where some 'Mad Men' scenes were filmed, is around the corner.

Extra Added Attraction Picture: Some typical storefronts in the area.

IMG_4079.jpeg

This is on Hollywood Blvd a block before Hollywood Blvd ends at Sunset Blvd.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?

Standing in front of 4647 Kingswell Avenue in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles which was the location of the first Walt Disney Studio (where the copy shop is now).

View attachment 1343589

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, tie, pocket square, and OCBD shirt, Lyle & Scott Fair Isle sweater vest, Orvis corduroy trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, a piece of a person with Poulet Basquaise and a Kir Royal at Bistrot Figaro on Vermont Ave in Los Feliz picture.

View attachment 1343595

Some may have noticed in these pictures I am interacting with two things, corduroy trousers and a Kir Royal, that have my name as parts of their names. Not everyone can do this.

Rabid 'Mad Men' fans may have noticed the "Dresden Parking" sign in the first picture. The Dresden Restaurant, where some 'Mad Men' scenes were filmed, is around the corner.

Extra Added Attraction Picture: Some typical storefronts in the area.

View attachment 1343601

This is on Hollywood Blvd a block before Hollywood Blvd ends at Sunset Blvd.
I would gladly sign up for a Roycru Sights, Sounds and Tastes of LA Tour. All you need is a mic and a stick with a flag on it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads