• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MichaelSpyker

Reaction score
I really like the pattern, but I'm leaning towards agreeing with @psb here - the cropped jacket makes you look shorter than you are.
Who's the maker?

by Gabo Napoli. I suppose it may make me look shorter but I really don’t mind it. I’m pretty tall to begin with anyways.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any bespoke tailors in the Philippines? Asking for a friend leaving tonight.. sorry for an out of the blue post!

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
by Gabo Napoli. I suppose it may make me look shorter but I really don’t mind it. I’m pretty tall to begin with anyways.
You do you, brother. HAGWE.

:)

20200221_170611.jpg
20200221_170447.jpg

loarbmhs

Reaction score

There's still hope. After dozens of photos with a cigarette in every one, the first photo here finally replaces the cig with a pair of sunglasses. I'm begging you...extend your life, cut your life insurance costs by 50%, keep your teeth from turning yellow, and your breath and clothes from smelling and drop the tobacco. Smoking's is not stylish, it's not sprezzatura, it's just a killer. We need you to live many, many more years and continue to post your wonderful taste in clothing.

loarbmhs

Reaction score
Really beautifully textured Baby Alpaca jacket today as the cold weather started to move it. Worked really well with my shoes I think.
View attachment 1340925 View attachment 1340924
That jacket is awfully short. Suggest that future purchases be longer/less extreme—go for timeless, not look-of-the-moment. Your wallet will thank you and well because you won't be constantly buying new outfits when the trend du jour calls for an extremely short or long length.

loarbmhs

Reaction score
Back from cocktails.
Golden age of Hollywood made smoking cool. It kills you though.. so that’s not cool..
View attachment 1340867
Amen. I just don't get it. The Surgeon General's report on smoking's dangers came out 55+ years ago. I understand how people smoked up til then. But now? Cutting your life short, doubling your life insurance costs, smelling up your clothes and breath, yellowing your teeth? For gosh sakes, please do yourself and your loved ones a favor and kick the habit.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had it made that length. I like a more neapolitan style; combined with it being a sport jacket, I think it’s an OK length. Lots of these smaller independent Italian houses are pushing heavy Italian tailoring proportions. Which I don’t mind in this jacket.
It’s way too short, especially if you had it made for you, rather than RTW. It’s your money, so spend as you see fit, but it looks like you’re wearing a coat you outgrew 5 years ago.
Pants are mighty slim as well, but that’s minor in comparison.
It all looks VERY GQ.

Thomson

Reaction score
It’s way too short, especially if you had it made for you, rather than RTW. It’s your money, so spend as you see fit, but it looks like you’re wearing a coat you outgrew 5 years ago.
Pants are mighty slim as well, but that’s minor in comparison.
It all looks VERY GQ.

Personally, I thought it looked very well put together. Would I wear it? No. Is @MichaelSpyker going to wear it in five years‘ time? Most likely not. But that‘s fashion for you.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MichaelSpyker

Reaction score
Personally, I thought it looked very well put together. Would I wear it? No. Is @MichaelSpyker going to wear it in five years‘ time? Most likely not. But that‘s fashion for you.
Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate everyone’s inputs, and while the jacket is on the shorter side, I’m still only 19 years old, so I dress fashion forward. I’m likely going to have to replace my jackets in a few years as my body changes. Some of the jackets I had made for me 2 years ago I had to donate just the other day as they were becoming too tight.

While I’m still young I might as well follow the trends, odds are I won’t even fit into this jacket in a season or two.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate everyone’s inputs, and while the jacket is on the shorter side, I’m still only 19 years old, so I dress fashion forward. I’m likely going to have to replace my jackets in a few years as my body changes. Some of the jackets I had made for me 2 years ago I had to donate just the other day as they were becoming too tight.

While I’m still young I might as well follow the trends, odds are I won’t even fit into this jacket in a season or two.

(He owns a Belt) 19... :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That’s all well and good in general, but you’re posting in a forum called classic menswear. I’m sure you understand that fashion forward looks are not why or what most people post in this thread.

The jacket is not on the shorter side. It is too short. Full stop. There is a big difference. Again that distinction is based on the trappings of classic menswear. You would need to lengthen it by several inches for it to be considered on the shorter side.

Lastly, much has been mentioned about the length of the jacket. To be honest, I don’t mind it that much. My biggest issue is that your feet look huge. Narrow leg trousers are in style now but it makes your feet look disproportionately large.

You’re welcome to wear what you like. Classic menswear strives to help everyone look their best by harmonizing proportions. Fashion does not. Good luck on your style journey. Please continue to post.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads