• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From yesterday.

3A9B1C12-806C-496D-AF1C-7B33C4ACA58A.jpeg

EBC2E17D-04FB-4DF0-8DDA-DB603D911CBE.jpeg

883B9907-829F-4930-A2D6-952FC30D5626.jpeg

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The perfect reason to shoot for balance and proportion when going bespoke. This suit will look great forever. Well done.

-DL
Thank you.
I believe Tom got it spot on the first time he made me a suit, and over the years he has made quite some outfits for me. I am also happy with Withcomb & Shaftesbury.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice look overall. Not sure about the (leather?) trip around the ticket pocket slot—calls a bit too much attention to itself. Personal preference: less is more.

Thanks. In that case, I won't tell you about the matching leather undercollar.

MichaelSpyker

Reaction score
This is a nice combination, but the jacket seems to be much too short.

I had it made that length. I like a more neapolitan style; combined with it being a sport jacket, I think it’s an OK length. Lots of these smaller independent Italian houses are pushing heavy Italian tailoring proportions. Which I don’t mind in this jacket.

Reactions: psb

psb

Reaction score
I like your idea of "casual". Can you tell us about these shoes? They look spiffing.
Thank you for your nice comment.

The shoes are from Shoe passion, a german mid range brand. Shoe passion also owns Heinrich Dinkelacker, which is their premium line of products.

Suit: Daniel Hechter Paris
Tie and PS: von Amper
Shirt: Olymp signature
Whatch: Basilika Automatic made in Germany
Cufflinks: Milus watch movements
Socks: Falke shadow
Fountain pen: Montblanc Meisterstück 149

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Upland CA (the station before Cucamonga CA) yesterday.

IMG_4025.jpeg

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, BB#1 stripe tie, ecru PPBD shirt, and tattersall vest, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, L L Bean cord trousers, and Allen-Edmonds suede shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, a piece of a person on the train to Upland CA picture.

IMG_4016.jpeg

Still can't figure out why some people post mirror selfies when for US$19.95 they can get a cell phone tripod attachment and Bluetooth remote shutter button on Amazon.

P1140681.jpeg

While on the subject of mirror selfies, still can't figure out how people take mirror selfies. Try sometimes to see if I can do it and it never comes out right.

Also can't figure out why people taller than I am (I'm 5' 6" tall on a good day) don't smash their heads in on the bottom of the stairs to the upper level in Metrolink train bathrooms.

IMG_4019.jpeg

While on the subject of trains, every time I am on the train and see one of these things it reminds me of Lucy Ricardo.

IMG_4022.jpeg

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had it made that length. I like a more neapolitan style; combined with it being a sport jacket, I think it’s an OK length. Lots of these smaller independent Italian houses are pushing heavy Italian tailoring proportions. Which I don’t mind in this jacket.

I really like the pattern, but I'm leaning towards agreeing with @psb here - the cropped jacket makes you look shorter than you are.
Who's the maker?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads