• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RishaStyle

Reaction score
Do you not have a buttonhole on your lapel?
That is correct. I do like a buttonhole on the lapel but my tailor doesnt do the typical milanese buttonhole which i prefer. Maybe ill try harder to convince him to do it when i see him again.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is correct. I do like a buttonhole on the lapel but my tailor doesnt do the typical milanese buttonhole which i prefer. Maybe ill try harder to convince him to do it when i see him again.
I’m looking for a jacket similar to that. Saw o e RTW which I might jump on. Curious to know the makeup of your fabric (wool / linen / silk ??)

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I look forward to your robo-pose every time I check in here. I have a soft spot for SP. This suit fits you very well.

I think this may be the first time I'm posting an overcoat. Collapsible umbrella in my pocket is making me look a touch hippy, but that's ok. I also know y'all don't care for paisley, but I do.

View attachment 1339203 View attachment 1339204
Bowler hat is a bold move in this day and age - bravo!

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Summer has arrived this part of the world. Couldnt wait to try on my first commission of 2020.

W View attachment 1339215 View attachment 1339216 View attachment 1339217 View attachment 1339218 View attachment 1339219 View attachment 1339221 View attachment 1339222 View attachment 1339229 -

What im wearing-

Loro Piana Summertime Fabric Bespoke Jacket.
Vanda Fine Clothing Pocket Square
Matsuda Eyewear
Antonio Meccariello Shoes

I love this outfit. Also, suede shoes are better situated for tropical themed outfits.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, is the idea to have a more-capable tailor later cut & sew a milanese hole?

Bowler hat is a bold move in this day and age - bravo!
He, thanks, though this is actually a homburg.

From my grandfather, I have a black homburg, two bowlers in black & grey and a grey fedora. I really enjoy wearing the homburg & bowlers, as they were my grandfathers and because nowadays they're seen as very formal, I try to wear them whenever the opportunity presents. Tonight, we have a wedding.

NorwRichard

Reaction score
C9B0F3C7-C6CA-463E-9808-7AC491215C36.jpeg

RishaStyle

Reaction score
So, is the idea to have a more-capable tailor later cut & sew a milanese hole?

One would be hard pressed to find a more skilled tailor in my city. If im unable to convince my current tailor to sew a milanese hole, ill probably carry it to Italy or somewhere to have it done.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One would be hard pressed to find a more skilled tailor in my city. If im unable to convince my current tailor to sew a milanese hole, ill probably carry it to Italy or somewhere to have it done.
Leave it and call it sprezz.

RishaStyle

Reaction score
I love this outfit. Also, suede shoes are better situated for tropical themed outfits.

I dont have a single pair of suede shoes and i refuse to buy one unless they are Bespoke or very close to a bespoke fit. My feet are fairly tricky to fit into RTW Shoes.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont have a single pair of suede shoes and i refuse to buy one unless they are Bespoke or very close to a bespoke fit. My feet are fairly tricky to fit into RTW Shoes.

FWIW, unlined suede is very forgiving. I also have difficult to fit feet, and find Alden unlined suede bluchers and chukkas to be very comfortable, YMMV.

psb

Reaction score
I look forward to your robo-pose every time I check in here. I have a soft spot for SP. This suit fits you very well.
Thank you very much for your nice comment :bigstar:.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads