• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great collar stye! Is that a two button down collar. It's such a central piece, especially as it's rarely worn, with and without a tie.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean. I think you mean there are four buttons on the collar ie two on each side. If so, it most certainly is not. I'm not a fan of those kinds of collars. It seems entirely unnecessary.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure what you mean. I think you mean there are four buttons on the collar ie two on each side. If so, it most certainly is not. I'm not a fan of those kinds of collars. It seems entirely unnecessary.
I think he's asking if you have 2 buttons by your Adam's apple.

Because of the deep roll.

I think.

Grace@Apposta

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Grace@Apposta

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Because of the depth of the collar, I presume it's a button down collar with two buttons to fasten at the neck.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zr3rs

Reaction score
Another Fox flannel suit, Orazio Luciano jacket and Sebastian Hoofs trousers.
DSCF7083s.jpg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another Fox flannel suit, Orazio Luciano jacket and Sebastian Hoofs trousers. View attachment 1336289
Always with the exceptional fit. Especially the plumb line and drape of the pants. What's your secret besides dropping bucks for bespoke?

zr3rs

Reaction score
Always with the exceptional fit. Especially the plumb line and drape of the pants. What's your secret besides dropping bucks for bespoke?
Thanks a lot! Well, i am not sure there is a secret. Orazio Luciano mtm jackets fit me very well, not the least because I was fitted by Orazio himself. In terms of trousers, my wardrobe now mainly consists of Sebastian Hoofs trousers all in the same cut. He does them in batches for me, so prices are reasonable and there is no going back. I have not tried OL pants, but my legs are definitely hard to fit.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate the comment.

It’s extraordinary the details that we see versus the average person. The off center tie looks very sprezzy especially with the vest. I have no idea why someone would call that “perfect”. Anyway you look great as always.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A late day posting. My husband and I are attending a members' preview at the Whitney this evening. Now, the demographic of your average attendee to one of these wingdings is much younger and more hip than me, and in deciding how to dress for this evening, I could have made concessions to the aesthetic of the new Whitney's location - that painfully fashionable (or fashionably painful) former industrial area known as the "meatpacking district". However, that is not a form of social costume that I can successfully don. I have gone in the opposite direction, opting for the fogiest of ensembles, a form of sartorial expression with which I have much greater familiarity.

Suit and braces - New & Lingwood, London
Shirt & tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - The Wallace Collection, London
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson
Vintage watch chain
Boots - Paul Stuart house brand
Overcoat - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Lock

IMG_3677.JPG

IMG_3671.JPG
IMG_3672.JPG
IMG_3674.JPG
IMG_3675.JPG
IMG_3676.JPG

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A late day posting. My husband and I are attending a members' preview at the Whitney this evening. Now, the demographic of your average attendee to one of these wingdings is much younger and more hip than me, and in deciding how to dress for this evening, I could have made concessions to the aesthetic of the new Whitney's location - that painfully fashionable (or fashionably painful) former industrial area known as the "meatpacking district". However, that is not a form of social costume that I can successfully don. I have gone in the opposite direction, opting for the fogiest of ensembles, a form of sartorial expression with which I have much greater familiarity.

Suit and braces - New & Lingwood, London
Shirt & tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - The Wallace Collection, London
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson
Vintage watch chain
Boots - Paul Stuart house brand
Overcoat - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Lock

View attachment 1336542

Stand firm. Don’t bend the knee. :bigstar:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads