• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t really like the shoes with the outfit - they seem too ‘delicate’ - but I do really like them. Details?
From Res Ipsa. I got them from Poshmark. The seller had some other sizes available too.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DrakesIsaia-02.jpg
DrakesIsaia-03.jpg
DrakesIsaia-04.jpg
DrakesIsaia-05.jpg

First pics in 2020. Have a few kilos more than I need and also badly need a haircut. Almost monochrome today.

Jacket: Isaia
Shirt: Cifonelli
Tie: Drake's
PS: Cucinelli
Pants: Manolo/Ströms
Shoes: Morjas

induere_to

Reaction score
Well, someone thought it was a good outfit.

Pitti Day 2.

6F3CD0CE-674B-4115-B6B6-4BADF28B5761.jpeg

Dugdales Bros. tweed suit.
Custom tie by Granqvist made with Smith Woolens Original Solaro.

Last edited:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, someone thought it was a good outfit.

Pitti Day 2.

View attachment 1315719
This is an awesome suit. Great waistband. Does the distance between the pleats solve particular fit issues or is it purely aesthetic? The pleats look closer together than I've seen on most pants.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“Why not” is usually a weak reason. Most ties made from suiting materials look tacky, imho.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Solaro seems like a weak fabric for a tie. Awesome suit tho.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit is bespoke by Eleganza Uomo (Shanghai) with VBC fabric. Cheaper and better than most mid-tier OTR suits anywhere else.

This is a very nice suit, may i ask who made it.
Excellent city-bicycle, a very good idea to use it instead of driving by car.

Reactions: psb

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
I plan on never owning a car again.

Then I guess that Route 66 trip in the '55 Chevy is off ?

Interesting suit. You are very tall (6'5" or so) and maybe the drain pipe diameter pants are not the most becoming. Flamingo legs don't even look good on flamingos. Think you might consider a stronger-looking base for such a tall frame. Always admire your gaintlet cuffs. In the main it's a swell outfit.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then I guess that Route 66 trip in the '55 Chevy is off ?

Interesting suit. You are very tall (6'5" or so) and maybe the drain pipe diameter pants are not the most becoming. Flamingo legs don't even look good on flamingos. Think you might consider a stronger-looking base for such a tall frame. Always admire your gaintlet cuffs. In the main it's a swell outfit.

@Egdon Heath This ...

Egdon, your observation has been the source of endless acrimony and entertainment between Professor Bern @bernoulli and I.

I have gone to the extent of designing special trousers Alan Bee (tm) Classic Full Cut Trousers to humor the Professor which I myself now enjoy and would never deviate from ?

The professor has promised me he will give them a try on his next commision ....

Alan Bee

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I will. A promise is a promise. But since I can't afford royalties on "Alan Bee (tm) Classic Full Cut Trousers", I will have to make do with my tailor's take on full trousers. We will see. And I can already see my tailor complaining that he will need to buy even more fabric than usual; as it stands, he likes to point out he should charge me more than his other (smaller) clients.

As for this suit, in my defense, I am kind of seated in the bike, so the trousers are pulling up. They are certainly not skin tight as they appear in the pic.

And for driving on Route 66, it is almost out of the question. But not because of my disdain for cars, as never owning a car again does not mean never driving again. I certainly enjoy driving a suitably comfortable car (Ferraris and sports cars are out) but much prefer driving around in Europe (next one is Spain, later this month). Can't see much reason to transverse the US before exhausting most of Europe (and Latin America, and Africa etc).

@Egdon Heath This ...

Egdon, your observation has been the source of endless acrimony and entertainment between Professor Bern @bernoulli and I.

I have gone to the extent of designing special trousers Alan Bee (tm) Classic Full Cut Trousers to humor the Professor which I myself now enjoy and would never deviate from ?

The professor has promised me he will give them a try on his next commision ....

Alan Bee

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“Why not” is usually a weak reason. Most ties made from suiting materials look tacky, imho.
"To push the fold of the envelope."

Why did we take the X Series above Mach 1? Now look at us, with a space force and all.

If you're tame, be tame. But don't hate on others simply because their style doesn't conform to your strict rules.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads