HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

I think tattersall requires a more rough-and-tumble jacket fabric.

2. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

I'm going to give @Claghorn the benefit of the doubt because his jacket textures have not translated well to photos in the past, and he usually pics the right one IMO. However the shirt and PS just make me go hmmmm. But that's just me, and Clags looks better than me 29 days out of the month.

3. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  4. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

I hate to say it, but I agree. I'm usually very much on board with what you do and how you do it, Clags, but here, I was finding the shirt fight the tie, and both fight the jacket, and then when I saw you wore that jacket as a separate, well, it was pretty much all downhill.
    Not that I'm in any position to give you feedback, but that's just the vibe I got. Sorry, broski!

5. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

?

6. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

I hate to say it, but I agree. I'm usually very much on board with what you do and how you do it, Clags, but here, I was finding the shirt fight the tie, and both fight the jacket, and then when I saw you wore that jacket as a separate, well, it was pretty much all downhill.
    Not that I'm in any position to give you feedback, but that's just the vibe I got. Sorry, broski!

7. europrep

europrep Senior member

Had to step away for a bit. Appreciate the feedback. Shoes have a bit of a reddish tint. I was comfortable with the shoes because while the suit is dark navy, it is flannel herringbone with a unique cut and to me has a more casual vibe than your typical navy suit.

I agree on the PS front. I was planning on wearing a wool PS with a soft pattern which may have tied things together a bit differently. Wife recently got me the PS I am wearing, so I put it on for her (there is a light blue stitching around the roll that she likes).

stock pic of shoes:

[​IMG]

8. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Tattersall of the flanel type certainly does. But @Claghorn 's shirt goes well with his jacket IMO, as his detail pic shows.
    If anything and if I were in the mood to nitpick, I'd have more trouble with his choice of PS here.

9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Looks better, would be a killer look with a different tie and PS next time!

10. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Everyone is in the position to give feedback.

As far as the jacket being a separate: Well, the fabric is very much not suiting (wool/linen/silk, some slubs). The color is fairly casual. And it has patch pockets (which with me doesn't mean much, because plenty of my separates have patch pockets). And of course, there are no pants. So. Definitely not separates.

11. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Green and purply/mauve together is an awesome combo IMO. Green tie with Oxbloods, for example. Someone mentioned jacket shortness. +1 - or maybe that's the look you're going for.

Rarely see a peaked SB in these pages. I've always shied away from the combo as too out there - but seeing your suit I think I'll have to reconsider that.

Struth Ht, you're really hitting your straps. Another nice look, and the charcoal tie is another WAYWRN rarely seen .
    oooh I like your style. Am i crazy- Isn't navy suit + tobacco suede a classic combo?

That awesome tie [​IMG]

12. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

True. I just dont think that that is inherently bad. I know I had a similar discussion with @Holdfast regarding navy suits and tan shoes. I think sometimes an item that "pops" (Foos is getting mad at me already) is not necessarily bad, its just not appealing to everyone.

13. WilliamBlake

WilliamBlake Active Member

[​IMG]
    I was going to submit this for the FC, but after seeing how many brown submissions there are, I am reconsidering.

14. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

It's not as smooth as the first picture made it seem, but I'm sticking with my original assessment. Not horrible by any means, but less than ideal.

15. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Jacket's just a touch on the absolutely ginormous side WB [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015