• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
If you enlarge the photo, I think you can see some of the texture of the square. It's 100% wool and looks like it in person, so I probably wouldn't think to wear it in summer unless I was consciously trying to do something counter-seasonal. In terms of color choice, it has a beige-grey base that's close to the grey stripe in the tie. Since the base is broken up by the pattern, I thought that it would pair visually with the grey of the tie without looking matchy. The pattern is burgundy, which is a pretty standard complement for both brown and navy, so it just made sense. It was actually the first square I reached for after I decided to wear the tie.

It's interesting that you see the square as part of a high contrast summer fit. I don't immediately think of burgundy working that way. What do you have in mind for the rest of the pieces?

Last edited:

jfrater

Reaction score
Conservative look for me today for a change!

Suit: Brioni
Shirt: Kiton
Tie: Hober
Shoes: Gaziano and Girling
Socks: Bresciani
Pocket Square: Kabbaz
Cufflinks: Vintage @ eBay

Last edited:

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vanda. Looks like it's sold out, but check with Gerald and Diana to see if they expect it to return.

If you enlarge the photo, I think you can see some of the texture of the square. It's 100% wool and looks like it in person, so I probably wouldn't think to wear it in summer unless I was consciously trying to do something counter-seasonal. In terms of color choice, it has a beige-grey base that's close to the grey stripe in the tie. Since the base is broken up by the pattern, I thought that it would pair visually with the grey of the tie without looking matchy. The pattern is burgundy, which is a pretty standard complement for both brown and navy, so it just made sense. It was actually the first square I reached for after I decided to wear the tie.

It's interesting that you see the square as part of a high contrast summer fit. I don't immediately think of burgundy working that way. What do you have in mind for the rest of the pieces?

Hmmm, I think my screen may be interpreting the colors a bit off. The lighter parts of the PS look like a light cream color to me and the burgundy looks like a plumb or eggplant color. I still might not have gone with as much gray in the PS assuming it is close to the gray in the tie, though. Makes a lot more sense now that I know what colors they are supposed to be. Would you mind posting a pic of just the PS unfolded when you get a chance?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cox, notwithstanding mf's critique of the fit, the only thing holding that back is the woeful shirt collar.

jfrat, your conservative business dress look is solid.

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score
Testwearing my prototype Cabriolet jacket from Maison BCHH. This Sahariana has no padding/canvassing/lining whatsoever, and even after five years of frequent wear, still maintains its graceful lines and structure.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So ~B~ - You've been test-wearing for five years.
confused.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Three winners in a row.

All with teh Navajo! :slayer:

---

SB, tie matching with caution tape is next level.

---

Six, that Vanda is awesome. I really should wear mine more often.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics