1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

@EliodA , I think the knots work themselves out over time. You might have to be more patient as you knot the tie, but kind of like greasing a groove, I've found that ties like that need to be broken in for the knot and it gets better if you force the better knot at the start. Some older BB ties are like that but that's because they're stiff starting out.

1 person likes this.
  2. JHT652

JHT652 Senior member

@justinkapur Jacket looks great, but I think a shirt with a finer stripe might be better with that tie. Ymmv

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

This is what I was thinking. Shirt is awesome, the tie too but not paired together. Sorry justin. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

For what it's worth, I think @justinkapur 's (very nice) shirt and (very nice) tie don't work together not just because of pattern scale, but also because the saturation and value between the ground of the tie and the stripe of the shirt are too similar.

1 person likes this.
  5. jasonmarshalljazz

jasonmarshalljazz Senior member

same fit but in action.

22 people like this.
  6. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

So...now we have to post videos of ourselves wearing suits at our jobs?
    I do not know if I can ever top that? [​IMG]

I enjoyed listening to the whole video. [​IMG]

7. AJL

AJL Senior member

jasonmarshalljazz

Tasty!

8. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Terrible lighting this morning, gents.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24 people like this.
  9. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hey @jasonmarshalljazz do you ever get to play in NY and if so where?

10. Lancaster

Lancaster Senior member

Like the setting and I generally like wholecuts. What is your plan with the cuffs?

11. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

They probably need another pressing, if that's what you mean. Good news (ish): They got soaked with rain, so just about every crease in them evaporated. So I'll be starting just about tabula rasa when I press them again. :censored:

12. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

I believe that the question is more a resolution of the horizontal crease in the middle of the cuff - obviously, you had the trousers shortened or lengthened at some point. I am sure that a good pressing will take that out (I've had the same thing occur to me - unhappily, with no-iron chinos, and the crease in the middle of the cuff is not disappearing :( ).

13. Lancaster

Lancaster Senior member

Good luck with the pressing. I just got rained on during my dash for the train. I changed my shirt before leaving work but not my pants. Re the cuffs, I wasnt sure if you had just pinned them up to show the shoes, to test the length or if they were permanent. I generally like taller cuffs and with a good pressing they will add to the outfit.

14. Lancaster

Lancaster Senior member

Crusty, love the braces. I was not expecting something so whimsical with your overall subded ensemble. Between the darkish tones, the sleepiness, and the snappy braces, I guess that you partied hard over the weekend (hence the sleepiness), rekindled a deep friendship or private love that you don't discuss much (hence the snappy braces, sosomething fun that you keep mostly private) and you did not want the weekend to end (hence the subdued ensemble).

15. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Disappointed in the fit of this Kamakura shirt. They "updated" the fit with a box pleat and it's 1 inch bigger in the chest and the armhole is slimmer. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  16. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

That is the most charmingly fanciful, imaginative take on what I decided to wear of which I have ever heard. Unhappily, it is also quite inaccurate. My early arising was due to a colleague scheduling a conference call/webex at the ungodly hour of 8:00 AM, for the purpose of teaching the unwashed the intricacies of the company's time tracking/project management software. As it was, I was the sole idiot, other than the lecturer and his boss who attended said matinee. Grrrr.

As for the snappy braces, they were chosen simply because I was tired of wearing the light blue pair that I wear more usually with this suit/shirt combination. Not as suitable a match, but the braces are among my favorites.

17. JHT652

JHT652 Senior member

Collar looks great AAS. I'm in NYC in August, a trip to Kamakura is on the list.

1 person likes this.
  18. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Good lord man, on fridays I've been at work for almost 3 hours at 8 AM. Haha.

Oh healthcare stuffs.

19. Seamless

Seamless Senior member

More casual look then my normal. Heading to a date with the wife.

[​IMG]

20. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored