• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apols for the x-post; reppresenting for the FC.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the coat, tie's a bit .. scary
smile.gif

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's the purplenurple - i associate it with tacky. As a minor color in a square it's okay i guess. IMO I do love the coat, and the pics themselves.

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is nice, betel, but I think you might benefit from look just as good with softer shoulders.

fify
Thanks, I need to see if some tailor could do some work with the shoulders of this jacket.

Don't touch the shoulders on that jacket. They are great, and click nicely with the overall sharp lines of that fit.

Luddite here- so uploading 'small' 'med' or 'large' determines the size it looks on your monitor or the quality (pixel density?) of the picture?

It just determines the size of the photo as displayed in your browser. If you click on gallery view, the photo will come up much larger (assuming you loaded a large image in the first place).

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pliny, exceptional suit, and great monochrome look today. Where is the suit from, may I ask?

It just determines the size of the photo as displayed in your browser. If you click on gallery view, the photo will come up much larger (assuming you loaded a large image in the first place).
It's another one fro Kent Wang, so a Chinese outfit, Shanghai. AFAIK quite a few retailers use them. The construction is workmanlike, buttonholes are not brilliant but they are hand stitched. The styling options are conservative. Im not looking for Foo-esque lapels or lots of drape etc Seems to work if u are lucky to have the right frame for it. and they CMT so I can get a suit or jacket in decent cloths in 4 weeks.

thanks for the explanation

Well, it is still almost impossible ( forme at least ) to take decent pictures with the litttle daylight that is available, but here is my friday.

New suit making its debut btw
biggrin.gif

thats beautiful- whatre the deets on the cloth?

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's really nice, @steffenbp11
Are you aware of this week's FC theme?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is Friday, and not a moment too soon. Today's attire is a mix of better brands and lesser brands.

Suit - JAB Signature Platinum
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Hermes
Cufflinks - DVVS, NYC
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris
Overcoat - Adolfo
Scarf - Thomas Farthing, London
Hat - Selentino

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lazy Friday, snuck out after finishing my :teach: and quietly took the afternoon off.... :hide:

This jacket is really a glorified cardigan with lapels, completely unstructured and comfy as hell....

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads