• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Cox, how do you partition time between office work / patient consulting and surgery? And when performing, do you come to the office in your normal wear and change or just come in in something quickly thrown on.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's all over the place. Sometimes I am operating at the clinic, sometimes in hospitals. I always show up wearing regular clothes and if I'm doing procedures, I change into scrubs. Today I was at a private hospital for a morning list and what I just posted is what I turned up for work in.

I wear much more casual stuff in Shanghai as a general rule, because there's no tradition of doctors wearing nice clothes there, and I would stick out like a sore thumb wearing SF-approved fits.

twinsdad

Reaction score
[/IMG]my sons and my daughter and my aunt.

eviltimeban

Reaction score
6'5" here with a long upper body, and I share the pain about short ties / tiny knots ... I generally don't buy a tie unless it's at least 60"... I can get away with 58 / 59 but in those cases the knot tends to be smaller so I know I have to wear it with a smaller / narrower collars. For the wide spread collars I generally wear a thicker / wider / longer tie.

In some cases when I'm channeling my inner Prince Charles I don't mind a smaller knot; but in most cases I prefer a standard FIH size. The point of the tie has to reach my belt line; I'm not leaving the house till it does.
smile.gif

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The torrents have stopped in NYC, for the time being, but fog and humidity have remained . . .

sansimeon

Reaction score
6'5" here with a long upper body, and I share the pain about short ties / tiny knots ... I generally don't buy a tie unless it's at least 60"... I can get away with 58 / 59 but in those cases the knot tends to be smaller so I know I have to wear it with a smaller / narrower collars. For the wide spread collars I generally wear a thicker / wider / longer tie.

In some cases when I'm channeling my inner Prince Charles I don't mind a smaller knot; but in most cases I prefer a standard FIH size. The point of the tie has to reach my belt line; I'm not leaving the house till it does.
smile.gif
I've been meaning to ask if you use standard or xl length ties - your knots usually look great and I knew you were a tall fella too! Do you know of any good source for longer knits? They're usually way too short, like the one in the picture I posted.

Great look today btw, love the suit!

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Lots of SF affiliate love in this outfit

Just my two cents here but I think your knot should be a half windsor. It seems too small of a knot.

It's all over the place. Sometimes I am operating at the clinic, sometimes in hospitals. I always show up wearing regular clothes and if I'm doing procedures, I change into scrubs. Today I was at a private hospital for a morning list and what I just posted is what I turned up for work in.

I wear much more casual stuff in Shanghai as a general rule, because there's no tradition of doctors wearing nice clothes there, and I would stick out like a sore thumb wearing SF-approved fits.

When can I come in for my consultation? I need major work done on my shoulders and my hips...and my face.

6'5" here with a long upper body, and I share the pain ...

6'5"?!
You're a tall dude. Never wud have guessed it from the pic. I am 5'11" per my last week's measurement and most of it is my upper body/torso. I hate it. But I never had problems with ties...then again I am not as tall as you. Lol

Last edited:

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Favorite Sartorio from Yoox blue jacket
Serraicco gray tie
Phineas cole gray trousers
Light blue kiton shirt pulled from storage
Botticelli shoes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads