• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tira, amazing.

Cleav, if I was drinking beer, Id have spit it out.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome back, CM.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably more like a temporary hello, but thanks.
smile.gif

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sport coat!! :slayer: Calling AAS!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all good, but I'm surprised people actually wear the Isaia pins. It makes you look like an advertisement. Almost as bad as leaving the label on the sleeve...
Going to disagree with you on this one. I feel that some signature items/features that are highly branded are beautiful enough to stand on their own merits.

evilmerino

Reaction score

Going to disagree with you on this one.  I feel that some signature items/features that are highly branded are beautiful enough to stand on their own merits.  

I have an affinity for Isaia so I guess thats why I usually leave my lapel pin on.
But in addition I simply like the lore behind the coral and 99.999% of people I meet have no clue what it is or have even heard of Isaia, so it feels like less of an advertisement in my eyes.

Simply a nice accent to me. :)

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That's pretty close to the percentage of people who routinely dress like ****, so I'm not sure if the data is helpful.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have an affinity for Isaia so I guess thats why I usually leave my lapel pin on.
But in addition I simply like the lore behind the coral and 99.999% of people I meet have no clue what it is or have even heard of Isaia, so it feels like less of an advertisement in my eyes.

Simply a nice accent to me. :)

^ That's pretty close to the percentage of people who routinely dress like ****, so I'm not sure if the data is helpful.

I'm fairly certain this topic has come up on at least one or two occasions in the past, nonetheless: a) as a fashion brand logo, it is fairly attractive and unusual; b) not sure as to the veracity in terms of % of folks who would recognize it, but I'd concur it's diminishingly small among the general populace; c) that said, it's fairly well recognized here (and one would be positively "shocked" to witness such a display at Pitti: "Dear God...!"), therefore I'd say it's somewhat akin to the single unbuckled strap dbbl monk, or the partially unbuttoned surgeon's cuffs on one's jacket, in that it's a rather obvious and some might say cliche gesture. Outside of SF it's no doubt fine (though some people might think you pretentious for pinning anything on your lapel, short of an American flag [ in USA of course]), only problem is you're posting it here, so you will likely receive some less than positive feedback.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
AS, I liked the NYE rig, but I think black shoes would have been nicer for the evening.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the top block, but think the pants would work better if they were darker.  

Agreed, even in the southern hemisphere, northern lights are sometimes to be seen. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads