• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That one is bespoke but the same length as the 54L that I take from the rack.  I'm 6'2"

Pretty sure SeaJen is 11 feet tall.

I've never had a lightweight flannel, so I wanted to give it a try.  Of course, it doesn't fall as straight and flawless as the heavier stuff, but it wears incredibly comfortable.

I has it the jelly face.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
SeaJean, a 52L or 54L would easily work for you. You've complimented my navy Birdseye and that's a 52R...I'm 6'3". I was hesitant when I bought my first one, but the cut of the jacket and the slightly longer front makes it work.

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SeaJean, a 52L or 54L would easily work for you. You've complimented my navy Birdseye and that's a 52R...I'm 6'3". I was hesitant when I bought my first one, but the cut of the jacket and the slightly longer front makes it work.

I will have to start saving my pennies, in that case.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

X-post

So what happened to all your Formosas and Pantas? You've not posted a suit or coat pic in a long time.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Monday I was sweating in linen. Now I'm shivering in tweed.

SF Family:

Howard Yount (square, shoes)
NMWA (tie)

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coxie that's two very high quality outfits within four hours or so - did you run home and change at lunch time?

Like the use of Chelseas in the second one - great choice.

Thank you Nice Man! The first fit was from the day before. I didn't get around to uploading the shots to my computer until yesterday.

One of the nice things about my job is that I can wear a suit one day and an odd jacket combo the next.

Those Chelseas are RM Williams, Craftsman model. Classic Australian footwear with strong rural connotations - a good match for tweed jacket and knit tie.

Last edited:

MRMstl

Reaction score
Mornin'(ish)

I only wish I had a pair of panties to throw at you. But I don't. So my creepy internet compliment will have to suffice.

Stunning.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So what happened to all your Formosas and Pantas? You've not posted a suit or coat pic in a long time.

Welp, I certainly still have all those goodies in my closet, but since you asked, there are a number of reasons for my dearth of MC posts.

1. The truth of the matter is, Ive been super lazy and also rushed in the morning, and since my job requires neither jacket nor tie, most days I just grab a nice pair of dress slacks and nice patterned shirt, usually OCBD, and throw those on. Often with a SC or sweater and a coat, and I always look outstanding, but its not exactly fit pic material, or rather, its more MC casual, where I have been making my most recent MC fit pic posts.

2. Even when I do suit up, or even a SC and tie, when I leave the house for work the glare of the sun is blinding and when I get home its dark. I guess I could suit up at 7:30AM, ask my wife to get dressed and join me outside for a picture session, but I find the likelihood of the request going over well to be quite low. As for the pic you quoted, that was for the currently running SWD challenge, and I left work early to get pics while the lighting was still good. Dont tell my boss.

3. I have been having a lot of fun with more SWD type fits lately and that is what I ending up taking pics of for a variety of reasons.

4. Almost all of my stuff has been seen, so I feel less inclined to bore ya'll with the same old same old.

That being said, I just received a new Panta DB suit and I hope to post up in that sooner than later. Im sure once this lighting situation gets worked out I will start posting MC fits with more regularity.

In any case, thanks for the inquiry and its nice to know that my fits are appreciated to the point that they are missed when I dont post them.

Also, @Claghorn, that is outstanding.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This suit is probably unusual enough to warrant a few snaps and a post
satisfied.gif

Most unusual and desirable suit. I particularly like the shoulders - are they spalla camicia or just a very soft "natural" construction? Fully bespoke or MTM? If the latter, is it a Formosa or something else? Looks Neapolitan to me with subtle drape in the chest area.

But what really lifts the overall ensemble to the highest level is those Dovers.

Monday I was sweating in linen. Now I'm shivering in tweed.

Lovely warm-colour fit. Minor nitpick for SF tragicks only: three small-scale repeating patterns.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Also, @Claghorn , that is outstanding.
Lovely warm-colour fit. Minor nitpick for SF tragicks only: three small-scale repeating patterns.

Thanks, as I mentioned in GNAT, I'm really trying to work on my warm game. My (what I would consider successful) attempts thus far:

and I'm not sure if these would qualify as warm fits:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads