• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoes are a horrible colour - but from the ankles up you look sharp
Thank god someone else said this.

Pick a color.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it was myself I would want the honesty too. And I don't even want to hear about "they add eclectic personality / character / whatever." Nobody can argue a plan brown monkstrap wouldn't have added so much more to the overall package.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
@IsteRed : Those shoes really aren't doing it for me. Or anyone else. But you've already paid for them, and I assume you like them and will continue to wear them, so can I suggest that you wear them with more casual outfits? An all solid look with navy double breasted jacket demands something a little bit more serious with regards to footwear.

@DonCologne : Asterix reference
thumbs-up.gif

------

A warm Sunday wedding, a rare non-selfie.

SF Family:
Kent Wang
Vanda

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@IsteRed : Those shoes really aren't doing it for me. Or anyone else.

Well, I like them. Sure, they look a little bit of out place with such an conservative business dress outfit. As you said, with something less boardroom like, they'd be more at place.

I guess it's my fault though, I'm pretty fond of conservative business dress dress but I have a knack for dandy-esque shoes (I know I shouldn't but I can't help it).

This being said, I like your outfit, Clags. As usual, you have some great consistency! How's your wardrobe going to evolve, now that you're back in the States? Will you still have stuff made by B&Tailors, or locally?

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Going to stick with B&Tailor, but will acquire them much less rapidly due to distance (maybe one jacket a year). My wardrobe is at a place where it doesn't need to grow much, but if I see something I like from Suit Supply, I'll probably pick it up. I recently went to a store for the first time and was pleased to find that the Havana fits me as well as a lot of my MTM stuff. Though my wife has recently forbidden me from spending any more money on blue jackets (I have around a dozen that I wear), which is a shame, because I really want this:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol Crusty. I was out of the country from Wednesday through last night, and today was a witch at work. Finally have some tome now to catch up. Lots of good stuff in the days I was away.

However, I did have the good fortune of bumping into @LEVOOSH, quite by accident, during my travels. :)

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The other issue with @IsteRed shoes are that the whole outift is very conservative business dress and the shoes are the exact opposite. It is very polarizing in a negative way.

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
@in stitches was a pleasure bud. Next time give me a heads up and we'll grab a drink.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads