• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weekend featuring new Spier and McKay (SF Affiliate vendor) Camel flannel slim fit pants. This is from their fantastic new line of pants and one of the best $78 I have spent in a while

IMG_5062mod.jpg

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Meermin boots?

@GMMcL

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a great suit, @GMMcL, but I'm afraid it's a bit too small for you. So I suggest you send it to me, I'll PM you my address. ;)

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Cotton Dockers , looks like you're getting braver with the squares starting to stick out more!

Who makes the jacket and tie? I was going to guess LBM for the jacket, but it's too long to be them from what I know.

Jacket is Canali, Tie is an old madder by Robert Kirk for Cable Car Clothiers. Gotta keep an eye on those squares, they've got a mind of their own.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Weekend featuring new Spier and McKay (SF Affiliate vendor) Camel flannel slim fit pants. This is from their fantastic new line of pants and one of the best $78 I have spent in a while

Those pants are great--any comments on fit?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IMG_5062mod.jpg
That jacket is the truth. Deets. How do you find the rise on the pants? It seems kind of short to me based on their measurement guide.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Meermin boots?

@GMMcL

No. Carson street.
kira: thanks. I've lost quit a bit of weight/gotten more fit recently. This suit would not have been possible 20 lbs ago.
Elio: I think thanksgiving was a little too kind to me. If I don't lose it back then I will have it let out. Doesn't need more than about half an inch right at the waist.
Cd: thanks but again I think the weight loss has a lot to do with it too.

Contango

Reaction score

Thoughts on this outfit would be greatly appreciated. Summer office attire (finance industry). Sunglasses - fake ray ban clubmasters ebay Shirt - Charles Tyrwhitt Tie - The Tie Bar Suit - H&M linen/cotton blend Belt - H&M brown braided Shoes - Asos brown derby. Thanks very much for any feedback!
[/spolier]
Sorry @natters but for someone in finance that whole look just screams "back office". Lose those sunnies, they make you look too much like a hipster in a suit. I'd also have a proper shave and go for a more conservative haircut - grow it longer on the sides. Personally I would also go for black shoes/belt in this industry, but to each his own. I agree with Sander - lose the tie. Go for something more subtle, just don't go for an Hermes just yet (as GSElevator said, you've got to earn that sh!t). Buy a tie from Sander if your budget stretches that far. And for finance, suits should be wool. Definitely not a blend, and linen in navy is just messy for the office.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those pants are great--any comments on fit?

The fit is quite nice and the flannel fabric feels awesome. I ordered a 36 waist and only alterations I did was to take 2 inches off the waist and cuff the pants.

That jacket is the truth. Deets.  How do you find the rise on the pants?  It seems kind of short to me based on their measurement guide.  
Thanks man. :cheers:
It's a Belvest Gun Club jacket and the rise of the pants are like 10.5 inches which isn't short at all and quite comfortable, although I normally go for 11 in my custom pants but beggars can't be choosers. $78!!! :lol:

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@GMMcL waist suppression is awesome on that suit! Congrats on the weight loss BTW! What's your drop now? At least 8-10 judging by your pictures!

@kulata very nice ensemble, all of it! I especially like your Gun Club jacket!

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Braddock superb SC!

Your suit is mohair EliodA?

IMG_5062mod.jpg

Nice look! u post so many low-contrast top/bottom fits it's becoming your 'thing'

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@The Noodles , you should look into the pants and brand that @kulata has.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads