• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Love the tie SS :nodding:

Last edited:

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Off topic: Yesterday my boss and I went to a Artillery Range in Meaford, Ontario for a 15 hour photoshoot in freezing rain and I got to fire a big ass howitzer with the Canadian forces.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I love the colour and overcheck pattern on your jacket Don.

I wonder if there are others who, like me, scrolled down and were a little disappointed that it wasn't a full suit?

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My daughter is camera shy :)

2014-11-23-15.31.33.jpg

Last edited:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was...I think the jacket is very suity...and would have looked awesome with matching trow

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Must admit I had to google it. Still not sure whether el stitcho was paying me a compliment. Probably not.
Sadly, I guess a "rapey look" is the old bugger's equivalent of "bedroom eyes". (My wife took the photo.)

Was nothing more than a silly joak.

It's like saying a polo overcoat doesn't go with anything...
It's not something you're used to saying, but there's no denying that fit is uniquely AAS's style and he pulls it off in a way that none of us could. I'd probably use a different square and socks, but I think it works for him.

He does not pull it off. Its a bad combination. Its too busy and the items just dont work with each other. The fact that that its discernible as AAS style does not make it an ok combo. I like a lot of AASs stuff, and some of it I like a hell of a lot, but that one was a no go for me.

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice cardigan, who's it from?

BTW, what's the proper terminology? I'm still confused with the English terms, ie.: cardigan, sweater, jumper, etc.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice cardigan, who's it from?

BTW, what's the proper terminology? I'm still confused with the English terms, ie.: cardigan, sweater, jumper, etc. 

Cheers, it's a wool/cashmere mix by Massimo Dutti. Probably their only men's item that's good value for money. As I understand it, a cardigan has buttons on the front, a sweater/jumper doesn't.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought it was. Thanks!

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My sense of Vienna, from my previous experience 20 years ago, was that every social exchange had an ironic undertone to it. There is no accident in the fact that the science of psychoanalysis was invented in Vienna.
There are some funny interviews with Christoph Waltz (I think it was with Conan) where he explains the difference between Austrians and Germans... very funny.
They say that the cleverest thing the Austrians ever did was to convince the world that Hitler was German. Irony upon irony...
...and that Beethoven was Austrian. :D
I had the privilege to shoot these challenge photos in London. Berkley Square and outside the Drake's store.

Cashmere tie from Drake's,
Cashmere cardigan from Berg&Berg.
Cashmere lined traveller jacket from Loro Piana,
Cashmere blend SC from Corneliani
LL
[COLOR=417394] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=417394] [/COLOR]
Very nice!

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...and that Beethoven was Austrian.
biggrin.gif

I think you mean Mozart.

I myself believed that Mozart was Austrian until fairly recently, when someone challenged me on it. So I did some googling. Yes, he was born in Salzburg, but at the time, that city was an independent city-state under the aegis of the Holy Roman Empire (as was the rest of what later became Germany), not ruled by the Hapsburgs in Vienna. Mozart's family were German - his father Leopold hailed from Augsburg.

Of course, you could make a similar argument about Hitler, whose parents were also German. But unlike Mozart, Hitler's birthplace near Linz was most definitely part of Austria at the time.

Actually my mother was from Linz. We uncovered an old photo in her archive, which my father identified as being either a distant cousin or perhaps a previous boyfriend. Alarmingly, in the photo the gentleman was sporting a Hitler moustache and a side-swept fringe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads