• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
AS:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seriously, though, I think is a case of the jacket's being too high contrast for the rest of the outfit. The pants, tie, and vest are very dark, the shirt is pretty saturated with a dark-ish color, and then you have the jacket on top. Also, I have trouble conceiving any mix of pieces in which I like that shirt with that jacket.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seriously, though, I think is a case of the jacket's being too high contrast for the rest of the outfit. The pants, tie, and vest are very dark, the shirt is pretty saturated with a dark-ish color, and then you have the jacket on top. Also, I have trouble conceiving any mix of pieces in which I like that shirt.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like that AAS!

Socks are too much with everything else though imho.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's like saying a polo overcoat doesn't go with anything...

It's not something you're used to saying, but there's no denying that fit is uniquely AAS's style and he pulls it off in a way that none of us could. I'd probably use a different square and socks, but I think it works for him.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While AAS has a fit that I feel works for him since it is his own unique calculation, there are just too many pronounced individual pieces combined. Together, they forcefully deconstruct the harmony of the outfit. While the drape is balanced from bottom to top, the mentality is not. The bottom has a simple contemporary understated nature to it, while the waist upwards has every individual article all vying for attention, saying, I represent a country/leisurely gentleman the strongest. While each are great articles, and many work together, in my opinion there are simply to many. Also the trousers and shoes interrupt that lifestyle, promoting a more youthful urbanity. The only thing in the entire outfit I personally do not care for, is the pocket square. As for the little I can see of it, it is best left to a discarded Etro advertisement. All in all, I love the willingness AAS has to experiment on such a vivid level. Well done Sir. When your heart is compelled to experiment, break the rules.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads