• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
W
What truth? That something as highly subjective as lapel width preference has become a universal truth because Manton and foo say so?

I tell u cm folks have ways of convincing themselves that they r not into fashion. No difference than does calling their totes man bags or nurses to keep their per is Ed masculinity intact.

I don't know why you feel the need to bring Manton and Foo into something that has nothing to do with them...your assumption that I and other members of this forum can make no judgements or distinctions for themselves and blindly follow a few is frankly offensive and derogatory. Moreover, these comments are completely irrelevant to the discussion, they detract from your argument, and my respect for you.

Furthermore, my comment regarding a wider lapel was made only in reference to the very skinny lapels posted just above...and...it cannot be denied that a wider lapel would look better and more classically styled.

If it cannot be denied, we have arrived at a truth. That's not to say that some won't find the skinny lapel more appealing...there are many variables that could lead one to come to this conclusion...but never can they conclude that this skinny lapel is timeless and classic.

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I don't know why you feel the need to bring Manton and Foo into something that has nothing to do with them...your assumption that I and other members of this forum can make no judgements or distinctions for themselves and blindly follow a few is frankly offensive and derogatory. Moreover, these comments are completely irrelevant to the discussion, they detract from your argument, and my respect for you.

Furthermore, my comment regarding a wider lapel was made only in reference to the very skinny lapels posted just above...and...it cannot be denied that a wider lapel would look better and more classically styled. 

If it cannot be denied, we have arrived at a truth. That's not to say that some won't find the skinny lapel more appealing...there are many variables that could lead one to come to this conclusion...but never can they conclude that this skinny lapel is timeless and classic. 

Neither can they with a wide lapel. This idea of classic style in sf is exactly what us is- a percieved classic style within the walls of sf. A wider lapl suit is no less "classic" than a skinny suit from the 60s. Each has an expiration date/cycle that keeps going in and out.

Your in ial comment led me to believe that you were stating that all skinny lapels are fashiony. Is was exxagerated. As exaggerated as a 5 inch wide lapel which would look as silly
Still this does not remove from the fact that you tried to define style as somthing masculine and classic while fashion is The opposite. Which I totally disagree with.
Fellow cm posters. There is nothing wrong with addmiting you like fashion.noone is going to question your manhood. Trying to mask it as something else look worse.

Àlso, you lost respect for me because I disagree with you?
Lulz

DonCologne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put him on your block list and ignore him, Don.

Or maybe just stay out of that other forum?

After cooling down a little bit, I have to say you are both absolutely right and I will do so in the future.
99% of the comunity here, is very nice and helps me to improve my wardrobe very well. So it would be a shame to dispense SF.
As I wrote in one of my deleted post, at the moment it´s not that easy for me to take things with the necessary calmness and I beg for pardon for the off topic talk from today.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
@DonCologne
Hey, Sie wurden Putting haben sehr gute Bilder für eine lange Zeit. Ich denke, es gibt mehr Leute, die Ihre Bilder zu schätzen wissen als Menschen, die nur nach unten recht Arschlöcher. Ignorieren Sie sie und lassen Sie uns hier Spaß zu haben!

Hey, you have been putting up very good pictures for a long time. I think there are more people who appreciate your pictures than people who are just down right assholes. Ignore them and let's have fun here!

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Veeeeery nice, SB.

---

Re: Classic and timeless. The big picture issue here is that Tira is a lil *****.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wanted to like your compliment, but realized it might be taken as an endorsement of your character assassination of Tira. So, thanks!

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wanted to like your compliment, but realized it might be taken as an endorsement of your character assassination of Tira. So, thanks!
u my friend have robbed me of my life long dream of using the words

et tu brute?

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What? Because I used them, you can't? Now they're sullied or something? I am OH-FENDEDED!

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A rare full, outside shot courtesy of my wife and an iPhone. A proper picture will follow shortly.

Last edited:

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just as Clags posts a full fit, I can only post fragments! The sun in my office right now has either my torso in shadow and my legs in full sun, or vice versa, neither of which is useful or appealing.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

After cooling down a little bit, I have to say you are both absolutely right and I will do so in the future.
99% of the comunity here, is very nice and helps me to improve my wardrobe very well. So it would be a shame to dispense SF.
As I wrote in one of my deleted post, at the moment it´s not that easy for me to take things with the necessary calmness and I beg for pardon for the off topic talk from today.

Good! Now re-post that outfit, because it was really nice & would probably have hit the 20 thumbs thread if you hadn't removed it. I especially liked that jacket because it had a gorge with slightly less slope, which works well for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics