Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

I don't know why you feel the need to bring Manton and Foo into something that has nothing to do with them...your assumption that I and other members of this forum can make no judgements or distinctions for themselves and blindly follow a few is frankly offensive and derogatory. Moreover, these comments are completely irrelevant to the discussion, they detract from your argument, and my respect for you.

Furthermore, my comment regarding a wider lapel was made only in reference to the very skinny lapels posted just above...and...it cannot be denied that a wider lapel would look better and more classically styled.

If it cannot be denied, we have arrived at a truth. That's not to say that some won't find the skinny lapel more appealing...there are many variables that could lead one to come to this conclusion...but never can they conclude that this skinny lapel is timeless and classic.

2. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Neither can they with a wide lapel. This idea of classic style in sf is exactly what us is- a percieved classic style within the walls of sf. A wider lapl suit is no less "classic" than a skinny suit from the 60s. Each has an expiration date/cycle that keeps going in and out.

Your in ial comment led me to believe that you were stating that all skinny lapels are fashiony. Is was exxagerated. As exaggerated as a 5 inch wide lapel which would look as silly
    Still this does not remove from the fact that you tried to define style as somthing masculine and classic while fashion is The opposite. Which I totally disagree with.
    Fellow cm posters. There is nothing wrong with addmiting you like fashion.noone is going to question your manhood. Trying to mask it as something else look worse.

Àlso, you lost respect for me because I disagree with you?
    Lulz

3. Tirailleur1

Anyway if u want to read more on my thoughts on this issue you can check the thread
    clags and tira discuss shit

4. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All Eidos with Belgian hooves.

5. DonCologne

DonCologne Senior member

After cooling down a little bit, I have to say you are both absolutely right and I will do so in the future.
    99% of the comunity here, is very nice and helps me to improve my wardrobe very well. So it would be a shame to dispense SF.
    As I wrote in one of my deleted post, at the moment it´s not that easy for me to take things with the necessary calmness and I beg for pardon for the off topic talk from today.

6. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

@DonCologne
    Hey, Sie wurden Putting haben sehr gute Bilder für eine lange Zeit. Ich denke, es gibt mehr Leute, die Ihre Bilder zu schätzen wissen als Menschen, die nur nach unten recht Arschlöcher. Ignorieren Sie sie und lassen Sie uns hier Spaß zu haben!

Hey, you have been putting up very good pictures for a long time. I think there are more people who appreciate your pictures than people who are just down right assholes. Ignore them and let's have fun here!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014

7. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Veeeeery nice, SB.

---

Re: Classic and timeless. The big picture issue here is that Tira is a lil bitch.

9. sugarbutch

I wanted to like your compliment, but realized it might be taken as an endorsement of your character assassination of Tira. So, thanks!

10. Tirailleur1

correction

a big bitch

11. Tirailleur1

u my friend have robbed me of my life long dream of using the words

et tu brute?

12. sugarbutch

What? Because I used them, you can't? Now they're sullied or something? I am OH-FENDEDED!

13. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

A rare full, outside shot courtesy of my wife and an iPhone. A proper picture will follow shortly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

Just as Clags posts a full fit, I can only post fragments! The sun in my office right now has either my torso in shadow and my legs in full sun, or vice versa, neither of which is useful or appealing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Good! Now re-post that outfit, because it was really nice & would probably have hit the 20 thumbs thread if you hadn't removed it. I especially liked that jacket because it had a gorge with slightly less slope, which works well for you.