• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the jacket I sorely underestimated
Blue shirt (no collar stays!!), gray phineas trousers with side tabs-- sadly had to wear no man walks alone belt on em too, stayed in perfect place and no adjustments necc throughout the workday

Let me know when you are ready to sell this one! Ordered a very similar Borrelli from STF recently, but it was a bit too small and Ian didn't have one size up.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mr6, you need to post daily. I love your stuff.

T1, cool as usual.

Lots of other great stuff today...almost all of it really.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hello Sir, I love the fabrics and contemporary suiting styles that you have displayed. Is there anyway possible you could create a more classic double breasted lapel width of 4 7/8" inches wide? 4 7/8" is as thin as I feel comfortable with, when I wear a double breasted jacket. I thank you for your consideration, and for the beautiful pictures.
I'm afraid we can only do one lapel width for double-breasted, which is narrower than that as you can see in the photos.

Jacket looks 1" too short. The general rule of thumb is that it should cover your butt completely.

Waist looks waspish from the front but I'm betting it's pulling a lot across the back. Get a friend (or self-timer) to take a photo of your back.

Wearing the tie clip that high is almost useless for keeping your tie under control, you're just showing off your tie clip. I usually wear mine so it's barely peeking out when the jacket is buttoned. Of course if you just like showing off, then by all means.

Overall pretty good though.

Yellow ties work well with a lot of suit/shirt combinations; less so with the various skin tones. Choosing colors (or shades thereof) that best complement skin tone is where most all men come up short. Fussing about how well all the garments and accessories work together while ignoring skin tone is akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
So what skin tones go well and don't with yellow? I've always been weary of the skin tone advice I've read. What colors would work and don't with my skin tone?

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kent:

Since you're in this thread right now, have you thought of 16x16 pocket squares for your line? I'd prefer a larger one of your squares, many of which are really quite nice. I find the 12x12 squares or similar are hard to keep up in my pocket.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kent:

Since you're in this thread right now, have you thought of 16x16 pocket squares for your line? I'd prefer a larger one of your squares, many of which are really quite nice. I find the 12x12 squares or similar are hard to keep up in my pocket.
The white linen pocket square is now available in 16". If enough people buy it then I'll make some of the other popular designs in 16" as well.

I personally never have a problem with my pocket squares falling down. If anything, occasionally they ride up and have to be pushed back down. What fold do you do? For silks, I just do puff and stuff it straight down; I don't do puff and roll.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Kent, I have a couple of your squares (and other things) and couldn't be happier. But literally the only negative I hear from the i-Gentry about your products is that your squares could be bigger. I predict that if you were to announce an increase in size for all your squares shortly, for a couple of extra bucks naturally, you would see a flurry of orders. The WAYWRN crowd are your friends, and they cannot stop spending money when their whims are attended. Trust me.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr6, you need to post daily. I love your stuff.

Thanks, Murl! It's MC casual around my office most days, which doesn't really result in particularly interesting pics. And I self-edit when I look at the photos and think, "Yeah, that didn't really work out."
Very nice Mr Six, deets on the shoes?

Thanks! Brown are Vass River II in antic cognac on U-last. Black are Carmina on Simpson.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The white linen pocket square is now available in 16". If enough people buy it then I'll make some of the other popular designs in 16" as well.

I personally never have a problem with my pocket squares falling down. If anything, occasionally they ride up and have to be pushed back down. What fold do you do? For silks, I just do puff and stuff it straight down; I don't do puff and roll.

Thanks for the input. With squares that have a lot of visual interest, such as some of your squares, it's nice to be able to use different parts of the square for variety. With a large square, I can invert or even rotate a bit to take advantage of different parts of the square. The bigger, the better. That's why I'd like a larger square (I can see why your method ensures that the PS does not drop down in the pocket, but it also locks you into a specific puff).

Take this one. On a given day, I might want to emphasize the green in the center; on another day, the red and beige more at the end, but with a puff and not points (which I dislike). Maybe this can be done with a 12inch square, but I bet with a larger square, there's more possibility of using different parts of it.

I would second Mimo's comment as well. I strongly suspect that you have buyers who have not bought because of the size of the square (I'm one). How much would it increase the price to make it 16x16?

Edit: you could do a poll in your affiliates thread to see the response, and link to it here.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics