• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
re: ss's suit and shoes

I was thinking about the saturation of those shoes...super vivid. In my head, it shouldn't work, but looking at the picture, I like it a lot.

southernstyle

Reaction score

Do u know what cloth that is SS?  looks very much a Barbera for Lesser I'm having made up

Actually, I think it may be Barbera. It's out of this seasons Hickey Freeman lineup.

SS, the chalkstripe suit and shoe combo shouldn't speak to me, but it does.

-----

Thought everyone should know my mom threw down a fit pic in SW&D and got 65 likes.

-----

Welcome back DonC and ebonyman

I especially like the first one, a shame we can't see more details. The suede color looks amazing, who made these?
Why? Chalk and suede is effing great.

68 likes now. ;)

re: ss's suit and shoes

I was thinking about the saturation of those shoes...super vivid. In my head, it shouldn't work, but looking at the picture, I like it a lot.

Thanks for the kind words gents. I completely agree with you, the shoes should not work but when I held them up to the cloth I had to give it a whirl.

The model is the Guildford by Crockett & Jones.

steffenbp11

Reaction score
Sugar ! i like the fit of the suit and the shirt collar looks good but I would have chosen another tie. The one you are wearing would look way better with a navy suit Imo ( kudos for matching with the carpet though)

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sidebar, while I have no issue with the "northern lights" look, when its done right, the phrase itself is starting to make me nauseous.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

SF Family:
Hober (tie)
Exquisite Trimmings (square)
Wolf vs Goat (trousers)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:fu:

grade

Reaction score
Good stuff on the last few pages.

Not to resurrect a dead discussion, but I remember some talk a while back about large paisley prints. I happen to have one, and while it's not terribly versatile, I think it can work when properly deployed. Here's my best effort.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
grade, certainly a nice effort! I've always been a sucker for dark paisleys!

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So many people looking great these last few pages: Clags, kulata, Suge, Chocsosa, Cotton D, Flying M, and Cleav to name just a few. Great work gents. My favorite, however, is Urban Composition. So glad you're posting a little more over here again.

So as not to annoy Stitchy, I will not classify my fit today. What is not seen is the damage done to my pants by the dry cleaner that I noticed on the drive in to work this morning!! I have noticed that I am reaching for this Henry Carter tie very frequently. I need to temper that a little, but it also means I need to buy more from Jason.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks, man. I hope I can post some better pictures soon - the fabric really is insane and I don't think the wearer can appreciate it as much as the viewer.

I hope so too!!

---

Looking good in brown, SeaJen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads