HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

A number of the posters on that forum are mean and it seems to be devoted to making fun of people on SF.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014

2. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Say that to your fellow posters [​IMG] -many are very active there. I'm not sure what to think, yet, but w/e.

3. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Shoes? Need to be lighter. You're divided into 2 halves here . Blue shirt (if it's OCBD with more collar roll) patterned square and lighter pents would lift it too, IMO. I love the jacket AAS.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014

4. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

5. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Another vote for Don- I missed the brouhaha, but thread needs your fits!

ditto Holdfast, FWIW

6. Bentley

Bentley Senior member

I dunno...I agree about the comment about looking cut in half; but, the dark brown tie seems a step in the right direction to pull it together. A matching solid dark brown pocket square might do the trick.

+1 for the cool jacket!

:slayer:

7. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

need a few more steps to get there I think. PS can be a neutral or fill a contrast gap between SC, shirt and tie. Dk brown wouldn't do this + it'd be matchy. Re: the shoes- the tie's darkness isn't enough to balance the dark bottom side. A good cas fit will be coherent and balance all elements so the easiest fix IMO is lighter pents, blue shirt, non-white square .

8. wetogether

wetogether Active Member

[​IMG]
    20%Linen80%wool fabric, no lining, single breast two buttons, handmade lapel buttonhole with appointed blue buttonhole, same color as the last buttonhole of sleeve, real sleeve buttonhole real sleeve lit, double vents.

Front Jean front pocket and one right back pocket, plain front, and pant cuff with heal guard

9. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Sure you didn't leave out any details?

10. wetogether

wetogether Active Member

I just gave a brief outlook, of course not all details, some like normal chest pocket, and lower patch pocket, notch lapel, pearl button, monogram with my name above inner left pocket, MP3 pocket, water drop pen pocket etc....

11. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

It's a pink shirt with a very rough texture, but yeah, I would have preferred an OCBD as well, even though you'd never see a Brit wear a button down collar with a country jacket/suit. I wonder what the 'rules' say about that?

I'd love to own a pair of Belgian loafers, but they're hard to get outside of the US. These dainite soled brown suede loafers are my bad weather shoes.

Anyway, you're right, it's not an ideal fit. I really need to get some textured leather bad weather boots. My current boots are all made from regular leather, which means the polish gets ruined if I walk in the rain.

Thank you for the feedback, I'll have to look up what collars go with country outfits!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014

12. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

That's simply perfect, Timo!

13. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You should be more worried about the affiliates (or ex) here that actually screw their customers over like Howard Yount, TOJ and Passaggio Cravatte than on what other forums I occasionally post on.

Fwiw myself and a few other SF regulars like @Journeyman have been trying to inject some positivity in to the place for some time and often speak up against the few resident grumble bums.

The only other thing I'll say is that there are many things written on SF that I don't "condone" either so I'm not sure why you'd assume that's the case over there, or anywhere for that matter.

14. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I might join to see what all the fuss is about, but why does everyone hate everyone and everything there? Is there some history I'm missing?