• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So when will the next FC be up? I have a special piece that will be perfect for this one.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the mods would have deleted military helmets from any other country? Besides, the pickelhaube is still used in Swedish, Portuguese, Chilean, Colombian, Bolivian, Ecuadorian, Venezuelan, Jordanian and Romanian ceremonial uniforms.
Anyway, if military uniforms are such a sensitive subject, which I can understand, I wonder if the FC was a good idea?

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Linen/Cotton trousers

Outstanding- that's how to do a green tie, IMO. And no hard feelings.
Claghorn, wear more suits.

+1
I've been busy, working from home, and otherwise lurking/unable to post.

But here are some highlights.

Terrific jacket
Quote:
Good morning. (poor light)

Wasn't sure about the linen suit and silk knit together, but I think its more that it's black that makes it unseasonal IMO
Inspired by @jrd617 's thread on "two tone" SC & pants fits, though violating the "northern lights" rule. Which personally I don't see as a problem, really...

I like this very much EloidA- those suede chukkas go with that SC
inlove.gif

Quote:
I wasn't aware of all that... DC says he meant nothing by it, that's fine by me.
cheers.gif

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The knit is green.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this very much EloidA- those suede chukkas go with that SC
inlove.gif

Thanks a lot, Pliny! Though the colour palette is quite restrained for me, I'm quite pleased how well the colours and textures go together here. So nice to hear that you agree
smile.gif

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
t's June, and warm enough in NYC for the seersucker to emerge from hiding . . .

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, everyone, for the many thumbs up, today.

And now, @sugarbutch and @upr_crust know that I am their maturing and much older brother! :D

Not that much older, CP - certainly not from me!

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna be hot today....
1f621.png
1f621.png
1f437.png

Work then coffee date tonight
Boglioli navy blazer unconstructed unlined
Paul Stuart spread collar shirt (yeah I know FC kinda weird with this bit really like this shirt!!)
Incotex slim khakis seeing much wear this week
No man walks blue belt
Paul smith striped socks
Honey brown to boot loafers for Saks shined up with new Berluti polish
1f604.png

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outstanding fit NickPollica, and you seem to have effortless mastery of that elusive sprezzatura.

May I ask if you wear this kind of fit out on the street, or only for the shop? I don't often see guys hoofing it around the place with chalk-stripe suits and polo shirts. (Hope that's an acceptable categorisation of this type of shirt.) You carry it off well but I honestly doubt I could get away with it.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Apex of the inseam"? Huh? What does this even mean? "Apex" means "highest" or "point of". In that regard, your post makes no sense, and no one judges jacket length in this way.

Rather difficult to judge from pics though, IMO. Is the apex at the bottom of the fly, or is it 3" lower due to thighs rubbing together? Can't tell from a single pic.

I'm not going to :deadhorse: but there are any number of threads on Ask Andy and here on SF discussing jacket length, as well as plenty of other resources. The bottom line is it's 1 part personal/maker taste and at least 1 part convention. From what I've read, the consensus is that most good tailors agree that arm measure is a terrible metric. Instead, the jacket should be half the distance to the nape of your neck -- said another way (as I did), it should bisect you. That usually means it should hit the bottom of your crotch/ass, but I was trying to use nicer terms. Apex of the inseam -- top of the inseam -- is where the two pant legs meet. Also known as your crotch or the bottom of your ass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads