Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. presidente

presidente Well-Known Member

@Coxsackie I'm going to jump on the #2 suit hype train. #1 just seems out of place on you, could work on someone of a thicker build maybe. The stripe contrast is very distracting on your body type.

@heldontenor I would personally drop that tie off at a thrift store, but by saying that of course that's just my opinion. I would swap it out with something textured in this fit, as my main concern is your piece doesn't seem to have any depth. Invest in two or three drakes, get a more muted pair of shoes, and this fit will just rock.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014

2. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

When uploading from my camera last week I found this pic I took a few months back during the warmer months. Not WIAWT, but thought it might be worth posting anyways.

[​IMG]

3. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

first day in the last week without rain and enough light for a decent photo. The tie is too bulky I know...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Nice coat, FM.

Rest of fit far too busy for me. I have to say, for a guy that talks a lot about restraint, and the uber intellectual/academic points of coherent dress (iirc), and general trying to make clothing make sense kind of things, you sure do put together, and generally wear, some pretty outre stuff. Jussayin.

5. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

I wouldn't expect most of what I wear to appeal to you. We all advise restraint and coherence as starting positions - that's a good thing. Some of us like to stay restrained. I'm fine with that that, indeed I will praise the best examples of restraint as loudly as I can - your version included. But I've always been quite clear that, personally, I don't need to wear CBD, and that I like colour and a bit of flamboyance, and argue regularly for the acceptance of both here - but without the loss of coherence. And while today's fit may not be as restrained as some, you can hardly say that it's incoherent...

On the other hand, I do think I am going to have to give in to the pressure and get a decent camera and find a more suitable location for my shots.

6. in stitches

I dont think its particularly coherent actually, especially the shirt. Im not saying that you should wear CBD, ever in fact if you dont want or need to, Im saying that even within your preferential mode of dress, I think you often throw in at least one item that throws off the fit, and just makes its too much. I dont think there is any lack of love for a little flamboyance here, its more the execution than the theory.

Very happy about the camera decision though!

7. Anden

Anden Senior member

Today I took a stroll in the woods and sat on a rock in strong wind by the sea.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Fair enough. The shirt was the item I was least certain about as it happens.

As for the camera, there's my pictures, and then there's @Anden 's pictures... it's starting to get a little embarrassing. [​IMG]

9. Crat

Crat Senior member

10. SeamasterLux

SeamasterLux Senior member

Quote:Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crat [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fuck that's perfect. Deets on the shoes please?

11. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

beautiful Crat. Care to share the maker of the suit ? The fabric looks a lot like a Jort suit from Suitsupply I own :)

12. Crat

Crat Senior member

Thanks Steffen and Paul. I've seen that Jort and the fabric does look alike, nice suit. This is actually a Caruso from Pauw. [ snob] Don't see Suitsupply doing milanese button holes any time soon ;) [ /snob]

The shoes are Clarendon from C&J, Paul.

13. in stitches

Anden - Dat hair!

Crat - Dose shooz!

14. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

Great, I'll be sure to drop this unlined seven-fold that has tons of visual interest off at the thrift store because you don't like it.

I think I've shown that I appreciate and attempt to respond to criticism, but what's with the "douchebag-chic" tone of certain people in this thread? I can take the heat, believe me, and I've learned a great deal from a number of direct, forthright critics here about fit and coherence. I do not, however, think that your legitimate questioning of my choices (why I chose a neat print over a textured grenadine) requires you to suggest that my tie is trash or that I wore this combination because I have no other options. Among regular posters at least, the best dressed people here--upr_crust, Claghorn, Stichy, EFV, Anden, EliodA, Cleav, et al--do not stoop to this level. I wonder if there's a correlation?

15. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Pretty insane acts to follow. Very nice @Crat and @Anden

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kiton/Charvet/Kamakura/Vintage/Incotex/AE