• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feedback for my first few fits here was I need to size up on my trousers (thick thighs, and the side profile was off). So here we are. Usually a 36inch waist, moved up to 40.

Vintage BHS olive green trousers. I’ve had them altered with a 1.5 inch turn up.

Better, or is this a step in the wrong direction?
Looks much better. Is it more comfortable?

spm1923

Reaction score
Long time listener first time caller...
had this made by Manolo Costa for the friday half of early fall amalfi wedding. plenty of time to make changes if need be...

Attachments

• replace with clown e.jpg
    replace with clown e.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • fri 4.jpg
    fri 4.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 91

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feedback for my first few fits here was I need to size up on my trousers (thick thighs, and the side profile was off). So here we are. Usually a 36inch waist, moved up to 40.

Vintage BHS olive green trousers. I’ve had them altered with a 1.5 inch turn up.

Better, or is this a step in the wrong direction?
Looks SO much better man, and its great you took the advice to heart. You're taking the camera from a top-down angle so it does make it appear a bit carrot-stick-like in the side pose but I get the sense that it's still much better and the drape looks really good.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I
That's awesome! A lot of the buck Mason jackets look pretty short on their models, but it looks good IRL. I may need to reconsider.
It is within .5 inches of my ideal length. One thing to keep in mind is that advert models often have a short model on to make the sleeves look correct, but the jacket becomes horribly short looking. They won’t typically do alterations for shoots.

DougDevious

Reaction score
Well done, suit is nice, would not change anything, just a good press for the trousers and put on some grey/brown socks. Tie and braces not my favorites, but up to your taste. I won't say anything about those winklepickers.
what winklepickers?

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilenceoftheSamz