• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JayDee90

Reaction score
Re: the navy flannel suit I posted above…

What’s the consensus on the jacket length? Feels like by modern standards, it’s a tad too long, but by classical standards, it’s fine. My gut tells me the length is acceptable and I shouldn’t risk shortening it, but I’m still of two minds. A very good tailor could make it work, but anything less than ‘very good’ and it could be disastrous.
I think the length of the jacket is fine. with that being said, visually may benefit from having the jacket sleeves slightly longer

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC today is sunny and pleasant, if a bit warmer than ideal for suit-wearing, but I am meeting up with a group of friends, also of a sartorial bent, for drinks this evening at a upscale venue, thus I am attired appropriately for the occasion. Today's suit, though double-breasted, is entirely unlined and unstructured, thus making it a good candidate for wearing in warmer weather.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt & shoes - Paul Stuart
Tie - London-York
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Braces - Trafalgar
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1191.JPG
IMG_1193.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1195.JPG

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The King and I on National Seersucker Day 2024. It was too cold today to wear the seersucker trousers.

IMG_7493.jpeg

Brooks Brothers seersucker jacket and BB#1 stripe tie, L L Bean blue OCBD shirt, Polo Golf Argyle sweater vest, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Vineyard Vines trousers with little yacht club burgees embroidered on them (the sea is a block west and down a cliff from here), and Allen-Edmonds white suede shoes.

Stirring times (back and forth rather than round and round) times in the Tea Room at Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica CA on National Seersucker Day 2024.

IMG_7496.jpeg

Sockett&Bones

Reaction score

What’s the consensus on the jacket length? Feels like by modern standards, it’s a tad too long, but by classical standards, it’s fine. My gut tells me the length is acceptable and I shouldn’t risk shortening it, but I’m still of two minds. A very good tailor could make it work, but anything less than ‘very good’ and it could be disastrous.
I would argue it is at perfect length. It meets your crotch, therefore covering your ass, and doesn't extend beyond it. Shortening would be a bad move IMO, waste of time, money.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Wouldn’t touch it.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the length of the jacket is fine. with that being said, visually may benefit from having the jacket sleeves slightly longer
Fully agree with Jay here. Lengthen the sleeves a cm or two would help a lot imo.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The King and I on National Seersucker Day 2024. It was too cold today to wear the seersucker trousers.

View attachment 2199851

Brooks Brothers seersucker jacket and BB#1 stripe tie, L L Bean blue OCBD shirt, Polo Golf Argyle sweater vest, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Vineyard Vines trousers with little yacht club burgees embroidered on them (the sea is a block west and down a cliff from here), and Allen-Edmonds white suede shoes.

Stirring times (back and forth rather than round and round) times in the Tea Room at Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica CA on National Seersucker Day 2024.

View attachment 2199857
i envy your metabolism

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i envy your metabolism
Hot Take: @Roycru is a food content creator. He doesn't eat it. He just takes pretty pictures of food wearing cool clothes. He gets by mostly on cigarettes, cereal, and diet coke.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, all. I concur on leaving the length as is. It’s an acceptable length by classical standards and to shorten it might mean messing up the shape. I’m likely going to re-lengthen the sleeves though. Just by an cm or so. Easy alteration since there’s excess fabric and the buttons aren’t functional.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavementprophet