• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh my, I love your suit. Well proportioned and balanced.

I see the "Italian" shirt cuff sprezz.
biggrin.gif

Thanks, man! Yeah, not so subtle, is it?
wink.gif

@EliodA
I don't know who makes your suits but you look bawse!

Attolini MTM

Needs moar black shooz, Elio.
tongue.gif

LOL, I know! But I just don't like black shoes. I own exactly one pair of black dress shoes, which I only wear for funerals. Fortunately, they still look brand new...

@DonCologne , I see what you did there!
nod[1].gif

Nice pose, nice fit.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one feeling that Noodles' grey suit isn't a good fit for him? I feel that the jacket doesn't drape well in the chest area. It creates a convex shape around the chest, which is easily seen by inspecting the stripes around and above the top button down to the center button. It almost looks like he's wearing a bra under the the jacket, no?

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inspired by the recently revived Italian conservative business dress thread.
Tie creates a weird moiré effect* in the photo, but actually looks like in the closeup.

* Any photographers here who have tips how to avoid this?
It's why you have the AA filter in the camera but repeating small patterns and high res sensors + lens will cause moire.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Elio: I think the moire is due to the weave of the tie. In the close-up, you can see that the "direction" of the squares between the dots alternates. I'm not sure there's much to be done about it.

DonC: The collar is better, but I think a spread collar (with longer points to tuck under the lapels) would be more flattering for you than this cutaway.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Am I the only one feeling that Noodles' grey suit isn't a good fit for him? I feel that the jacket doesn't drape well in the chest area. It creates a convex shape around the chest, which is easily seen by inspecting the stripes around and above the top button down to the center button. It almost looks like he's wearing a bra under the the jacket, no?

I think the lines would be fixed with a bit of waist suppression, but it's an entirely different cut of suit. It's just the effect of it not having a draped chest.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tuesday is bow day.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the lines would be fixed with a bit of waist suppression, but it's an entirely different cut of suit. It's just the effect of it not having a draped chest.
I'm not sure waist suppression would fix it. I believe the convexity is due to the structured build/canvas in the chest area (aka non-draped chest?).

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That convex shape in the chest and the fuller sleeves, 3D look, is exactly what the doctor ordered by getting him buffed up overnight and reducing his hips. Suppressing the waist will make the whole look off. IMO of course

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LOL, I know! But I just don't like black shoes. I own exactly one pair of black dress shoes, which I only wear for funerals. Fortunately, they still look brand new...

Brown shoes there are perfect. I was just pulling your proverbial chain.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the PoW trousers there, @Cleav !

corrid

Reaction score

I dont know how you all take such nice "selfies". I feel awkward asking a coworker to photograph my outfit so I can post it online

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads