• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kulata... knocking it out of the park my friend.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful jacket. It goes great with the pants. The rise on the pants looks too low. I wish the tie was wider.

Yeah, the trousers are wrong in almost every way apart from the colour. One day I will have moss green flannel pants with the higher rise, single pleats and brace buttons, in the way that I like them, but we can't have everything we want all at once and they aren't my priority...

The tie is pretty true to the period of the jacket and trad style OCBD combination. I think that with trad OCBDs you really have to wear a narrow tie or no tie at all. In my highly subjective opinion, they just don't look right with wider ties unless you have custom-made OCBDs with a much wider spread (as some do here). Basically, when I wear wider ties, I wear a non-BD semi-spread collar.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks, @YRR92. They're calf. They would be great in shell, though.

@kulata killin' it. Super excellence.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the trousers are wrong in almost every way apart from the colour. One day I will have moss green flannel pants with the higher rise, single pleats and brace buttons, in the way that I like them, but we can't have everything we want all at once and they aren't my priority...

The tie is pretty true to the period of the jacket and trad style OCBD combination. I think that with trad OCBDs you really have to wear a narrow tie or no tie at all. In my highly subjective opinion, they just don't look right with wider ties unless you have custom-made OCBDs with a much wider spread (as some do here). Basically, when I wear wider ties, I wear a non-BD semi-spread collar.
I see I like my knit ties at 2 3/4. 2 1/2 is the smallest I like to go. I find 3 inch and above knits to be overwhelming. How wide is the tie you're wearing?

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kulata that's textbook stuff there, very very good!

@The Noodles I love that PS. Nice pic too...

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today. Wearing some newly thrifted Borrelli trousers. They need to be shortened a bit, but I like them.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-post challenge thread...

Italian flannel, silk & cashmere blend, and ancient madder...

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@PCK1 great fit! Is the shirt custom or OTR? It's a great collar for you.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rare day in a suit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads