• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, being rude and belittling others is not my concept of elegance, but each to his own. I'm sure the gentleman wears many beautiful outfits, I really appreciate them myself. I'm just very saddened to often see such childish behavior from adults. I hope that other people who want to enter the wonderful world of tailoring and classic style don't get discouraged by such behavior

Youngman, That Wasn't My Intent To Be Rude Or Hurt Your Feelings, I'm Never Rude Too Anyone, But If The Truth Hurts, So Be It! I Tried To Be Humble Within My (imho) Opinion, Look If You're Going Too Post A Fit, Like That, You Need Thick Skin, I'll Say It Again, The Jacket Is (imho) Crap, You Better Get a Callus On Your Azz!

And, For (DorianGreen) I Don't Value His Opinion On Men's Wear, He's Been On Here For A Year And All He's Done, Is Run Up His Points (reaction & messages) So He Can Be Label A Distinguished Member, I Don't Think (imho) So! Post A Fit, Post A Fit! Earn Your Way, I've Watched This for A Whole Year, I Just Ignore Him, Feel Free To Do The Same Here, Ignore Me! If You Don't Like What I Wear In Caps, So Be It, But I've Earned My Way!

I'm Sorry Your Feelings Were Hurt, My Apologies, That's Elegant!

And, Yes, I'm (imho) Both, Silky Smooth And Elegant...

Last edited:

Druddra

Reaction score
Youngman, That Wasn't My Intent To Be Rude Or Hurt Your Feelings, I'm Never Rude Too Anyone, But If The Truth Hurts, So Be It! I Tried To Be Humble Within My (imho) Opinion, Look If You're Going Too Post A Fit, Like That, You Need Thick Skin, I'll Say It Again, The Jacket Is (imho) Crap, You Better Get a Callus On Your Azz!

And, For (DorianGreen) I Don't Value His Opinion On Men's Wear, He's Been On Here For A Year And All He's Done, Is Run Up His Points (reaction & messages) So He Can Be Label A Distinguished Member, I Don't Think (imho) So! Post A Fit, Post A Fit! Earn Your Way, I've Watched This for A Whole Year, I Just Ignore Him, Feel Free To Do The Same Here, Ignore Me! If You Don't Like What I Wear In Caps, So Be It, But I've Earned My Way!

I'm Sorry Your Feelings Were Hurt, My Apologies, That's Elegant!

And, Yes I'm (imho) Both, Silky Smooth And Elegant...
don't get me wrong, it wasn't because I somehow felt hurt, I simply notice that very often people use the excuse of "in my opinion" to say anything in the worst way as possible. On some things we have differences of opinion, and that's ok, that's the beauty of the world, just maintain mutual respect, that for me is fundamental and many times it is lacking, but on the other hand we are online and it is precisely a peculiarity of this medium. I believe that the most important thing between humans beings is mutual respect, and I'm simply sorry when I see it lacking. Really glad it was discussed civilly, i appreciate it

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't get me wrong, it wasn't because I somehow felt hurt, I simply notice that very often people use the excuse of "in my opinion" to say anything in the worst way as possible. On some things we have differences of opinion, and that's ok, that's the beauty of the world, just maintain mutual respect, that for me is fundamental and many times it is lacking, but on the other hand we are online and it is precisely a peculiarity of this medium. I believe that the most important thing between humans beings is mutual respect, and I'm simply sorry when I see it lacking. Really glad it was discussed civilly, i appreciate it

Stop It, Let It Go, I apologized To You, I Don't Know What's (yada yada yada) Lacking Here, I Don't Think I Was Disrespectful To You. But I Did Hurt Your Feelings and They're Still Hurt, Again, My Apologies, Wear The Jacket In Good Health, Just Be Prepared To Defend It, XOXOXOXO...

Druddra

Reaction score
Stop It, Let It Go, I apologized To You, I Don't Know What's (yada yada yada) Lacking Here, I Don't Think I Was Disrespectful To You. But I Did Hurt Your Feelings and They're Still Hurt, Again, My Apologies, Wear The Jacket In Good Health, Just Be Prepared To Defend It, XOXOXOXO...
no, but even now, as you criticized me, i hope i can make a critique myself. I hope that didn't upset you, because that's certainly not my message. if you don't respect dorian green's opinion that's totally fine, I don't think anyone is forcing you to, just even here, I don't understand why you have all this animosity, if he doesn't want to post that's fine, no need to provoke it. this is what I meant before, I'm just afraid that external people are intimidated by these attitudes and may be dissuaded from this beautiful lifestyle, because they are just scared. Many people are even afraid to enter a tailor's shop for fear of being judged or snubbed, especially with the younger ones. I prefer attitudes that promote classic style, not intimidate. i don't think i have anything more to say :)

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Mr. Kimble wants no more of this...

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no, but even now, as you criticized me, i hope i can make a critique myself. I hope that didn't upset you, because that's certainly not my message. if you don't respect dorian green's opinion that's totally fine, I don't think anyone is forcing you to, just even here, I don't understand why you have all this animosity, if he doesn't want to post that's fine, no need to provoke it. this is what I meant before, I'm just afraid that external people are intimidated by these attitudes and may be dissuaded from this beautiful lifestyle, because they are just scared. Many people are even afraid to enter a tailor's shop for fear of being judged or snubbed, especially with the younger ones. I prefer attitudes that promote classic style, not intimidate. i don't think i have anything more to say :)

I Think You Have The Animosity Behind This Jacket, I Said, What I Meant. Now, You've Added All This External BS, Why Would Anyone Be Intimidated, Because I Don't Like Your Jacket, I Wasn't The Only One, The Truth Hurts, Now, Go Back And Get Your Money And Heal, Thanks, I Look Forward To Your Next Fit! :cool:

AppleAndTree

Reaction score
Saying someone’s fit is ugly on this site is a little like calling a Miss America contestant ugly. Everyone here is one of the best dressed people in their respective areas. Even if a fit is not totally revered on here, the wearer will still get tons of compliments out in the real world. No one, and I mean no one, is going to notice a disappearing stripe on the inner part of the arm. No one in the real world cares about button hole placement. But that’s why we come here: to sharpen our skills in ways the real world can’t help us with. The people who post on this site are all amongst the best of the best. Whether I love their fit or hate it matters not, they’re still amongst the best of the best. Ergo, this discussion is like professional basketball players criticizing each other for being not athletic enough. You all have amazing style and I, for one am buoyed by it.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saying someone’s fit is ugly on this site is a little like calling a Miss America contestant ugly. Everyone here is one of the best dressed people in their respective areas. Even if a fit is not totally revered on here, the wearer will still get tons of compliments out in the real world. No one, and I mean no one, is going to notice a disappearing stripe on the inner part of the arm. No one in the real world cares about button hole placement. But that’s why we come here: to sharpen our skills in ways the real world can’t help us with. The people who post on this site are all amongst the best of the best. Whether I love their fit or hate it matters not, they’re still amongst the best of the best. Ergo, this discussion is like professional basketball players criticizing each other for being not athletic enough. You all have amazing style and I, for one am buoyed by it.
Clearly you haven’t seen some of the fits people post.

psb

Reaction score
In Germany we still have high temperatures and very good weather (which is not naturally in september). So i want to support this by an appropriate outfit, to convince the summer to stay here as long as possible.

#1.JPG
#2.JPG
#3.JPG
#4.JPG
#5.JPG
#6.JPG
#7.JPG

Last edited:

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JCT22

Reaction score
Random Ebay suit found by searching my measurements, avoiding having to buy and tailor suits until I drop some weight to fit into my closet full of pre-covid sized suits. (Be quiet, it will happen :) )

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stacyshaw