• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't often chip in here these days, but I have to say, for someone who spends as much time here as you, TWD, this is a really poorly tied tie. I can see it's one of those thick ties that isn't easy to knot well, but surely you can do better than this.. especially when you've made a point of talking about the details of it..
Fair comment. I think being so thick and abrasive (the tie material, not me!) it really needs just one wrap to get closer to a more classic shape out of the knot.

loarbmhs

Reaction score
Suited and booted. I endeavored to dress down the severity of the suit with the boots. Ultimately, I didn’t like them so I swapped them out with tried and true black cap toe oxfords. As an aside, I’m not sure why my phone took dark photos today.
View attachment 2001273
Suit: Polo Ralph Lauren
Shirt: S&M
Tie: Jos A Banks
Chelsea Boots: Herring
Here's a guess re why the photo is so dark: It's possible the focus point the phone was reading was the (very light and bright) background, which would cause it to underexpose you. As you'll see, the background looks appropriately lit. If the phone were concentrating on you, you and your suit would have been way brighter and the background would have been blown out.

AppleAndTree

Reaction score
Here's a guess re why the photo is so dark: It's possible the focus point the phone was reading was the (very light and bright) background, which would cause it to underexpose you. As you'll see, the background looks appropriately lit. If the phone were concentrating on you, you and your suit would have been way brighter and the background would have been blown out.
Thank you!

Brennenman

Reaction score
After too many weeks of shorts, polo shirts, and sneakers, I finally have an excuse to don a suit. A young artist of my acquaintance, whom I met while he was copying a John Singer Sargent portrait at the Morgan Library, requested that I sit for him, for a charcoal drawing, hence my attire for this afternoon - no stark colors, and very few patterns. We shall see how successful this drawing will be - perhaps I shall commission an oil painting of myself, if the initial sketch is of a quality that expect it to be (I am both that vain, and equally intrigued to have myself memorialized in a talented artist's work).

The artist's website is: stefanocurti.art

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Saks Fifth Avenue
Braces - Lewin
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

View attachment 2001235

Your outfits seem to never disappoint I always love the double breasted suit and the collar pin is such a nice touch

Father Style

Reaction score
Wasn’t sure which tie I liked more with the yellow shirt. I went with the blue one. Even though the stripes are in a similar scale to the shirt, I felt like it still worked.
EC41E382-2CD2-42AE-B8AD-2D20A3D2A1D6.jpeg

A5F336E9-45F8-4B6F-A4DF-ADB61BD9D9BE.jpeg

FatherStyle.com

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Blondie87

Reaction score
Love this look/sportcoat. I actually want a sport coat like this one day.. may actually be the same fabric…Lanifico di Pray? Either way if you don’t mind me asking what color were your trousers? Did you go for the northern lights look or a really light pair like cream or something? I only own darker sport coats so I hesitate buying one similar to this one because I’m not sure how I would pair it with pants.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleasmithss