• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something a bit more casual and sportier than my usual conservative business dress and a trip around the globe to put it all together. .
View attachment 1882867 View attachment 1882868 View attachment 1882869
Braces are English, suit is Neapolitan with English cloth, tie is Neapolitan, shoes are Japanese with components from the UK and Germany, shirt is from Hong Kong with cotton from Switzerland and square is from northern Italy.
I really, really like this. This is pretty much still in conservative business dress territory as far as I'm concerned. Everything looks great and seems to fit well.

Wearing mostly what I was wearing in the picture from last Thursday. A week ago today, on Wednesday January 18th, a tree fell down at the place where I am a tenant and part of the tree came through the ceiling. As soon as I had cleaned up the rubble, some of which fell on me, and a tarpaulin put over the hole in the ceiling, I left for a hotel, where I still am. Didn't take much stuff with me.

In front of the California Heritage Museum on the corner of Main Street and Ocean Park Blvd in Santa Monica CA.

View attachment 1883171

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket and cotton sweater vest, Lands' End tie, generic pocket square, L L Bean OCBD shirt and corduroy trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

Went to The Misfit in Santa Monica for lunch today. Had a Crispy Chicken Sandwich. Happy Hour at The Misfit is from 12:00noon to 7:00pm. I am sure I was holding the wine glass straight before drinking most of my 50% off glass of wine.

When you are walking back to the hotel you can even have two glasses of wine. May still be a little shaken up from the tree coming though the ceiling last Wednesday and some of the rubble landing on me.

View attachment 1883172

There are signs inside (like this one) and outside The Misfits promoting the 12:00noon to 7:00pm Happy Hour.

View attachment 1883173

There weren't many people on the beach south of the Santa Monica Pier.

Although there was a 4.5 earthquake here this morning around 2:00am, as well as several aftershocks, as you can see the beach was not damaged.

View attachment 1883174
Glad you weren't harmed with the tree coming through your roof. Hurricane Hugo sent a pine tree through the roof of my bedroom like a spear back when I was a kid. Luckily we had evacuated and weren't home at the time.

dapperdesertdweller

Reaction score
made in (north) america:
Matteo Maas Car Coat
Perry Ellis V Neck Pullover
Oxxford Clothes Shirt
Guess USA Silk Tie
Calvin Klein Trousers
Allen Edmonds Stowe Loafers
6E8554E6-54B0-4D29-97AA-F6119914BF71.jpeg
4386A7C1-682A-4F42-8B72-269003752F9D.jpeg

C63376FC-547E-490D-945E-DDCF8B84457A.jpeg

E6325235-FE24-4308-BC76-7E9E3EC86D80.jpeg

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really, really like this. This is pretty much still in conservative business dress territory as far as I'm concerned. Everything looks great and seems to fit well.
Thanks. It’s sort of an interesting one. The windowpane makes it a little casual and it is a 500ish gram tweed making it more casual still, but the cloth does have the ability to be dressed up somewhat. As for the fit, I can’t take any credit for it, that belongs to the makers.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grenadine(?) burgundy necktie & Belgian(?) soft loafers seem to do a good job of bringing a casual vibe to me haha! Also any recs on where to acquire both those items @An Acute Style?
Thanks. Knit tie is from the knottery, socks are from Polo Ralph Lauren, shoes are journey west via Amazon.

dapperdesertdweller

Reaction score
thanks for the info! I fear greatly that if I get into patterned socks, I won’t resist the urge to have my pants cuffed beyond reasonable levels just to look at them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads