• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Amidé

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Finally got back from a long trip in Florence and Rome to get back to work like I never even left at all…

I intended to travel as light as possible, making the decision not to bring my tuxedo with me. Instead I brought torn-up jeans, soccer jerseys and some two tailoring pieces just in case.

Pitti Day 1: Have to thank @mossrockss for this one. I lasted maybe three hours in this. Heavy fresco jacket and I soaked right through the Ukraine jersey with sweat.

View attachment 1805612

Pitti Day 2: (and having to thank @Amidé for this one). Had to attend several events wearing this thing, and though I received several compliments, I was also uncomfortable in this all-linen suit. I would go on to sweat through this one completely as well. More awkward than that was I accidentally attended a meet-and-greet with a tailor later that evening that I’ve been looking up to for years in ripped jeans and a Mickey Mouse t-shirt. What was awkward was that it turned out to be more of a job interview.

View attachment 1805613

Pitti Day 3: it was so hot that throughout the day, I decided to unbutton the shirt. A photographer stopped me asking to take my picture. I started buttoning the shirt back up and he told me to leave it unbuttoned…

View attachment 1805615

View attachment 1805614

And then I went out again later in this thing, I guess it doesn’t really make much of a difference whether it’s buttoned up or not (also shot by Amide):

View attachment 1805617
Good seeing you there man! 👍🏻

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A palm tree and me in Palisades Park in Santa Monica CA.

IMG_2300.jpeg

Brooks Brothers seersucker suit, PPBD shirt, and BB#1 stripe tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Leather Man patchwork Madras belt, Gold Toe argyle socks, and Allen-Edmonds white bucks.

For those who may be wondering how you get to the beach from the park, there are several stairways.

IMG_2306.jpeg

Friday June 24th 2022 is National Cream Tea Day. Went to Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica CA and had cream tea.

IMG_2312.jpeg

Still not as many tourists around as there were before the pandemic. Always very careful not to stand under any of the overhead signs while waiting for the signal to change since sea gulls sometimes perch on them and bomb the unwary below.

IMG_2265.jpeg

piano-shoes

Reaction score

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to know, I assume you recommend them? I want to order my first custom suit from them at the end of the summer, when I am back from my summer travels.
I recommend them very highly. While their process isn’t true bespoke, they allow you an impressive array of customization options.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blitzcbdgummi