• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC was sunny, cool, and breezy yesterday, the perfect last day to wear a three-piece suit. The ongoing adventures with our good friend, cybermoniker Bernoulli, continued, though with only one lavish meal yesterday - dinner at Le Pavillon - rather than the two meals of Tuesday. As we dined at the first seating at Le Pavillon, there was time for a after dinner drink at the Gold Room of the Lotte Palace Hotel, in the landmarked former music room of one of the Villard mansions - a perfect place for a few extra "lifestyle" photos.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations, NYC
Vintage watch
Braces - New & Lingwood
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
Shoes - Crockett & Jones, model name Edgware

IMG_7253.JPG

IMG_7248.JPG
IMG_7250.JPG
IMG_7251.JPG
IMG_7252.JPG
PXL_20220525_235910619.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20220526_004339111.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20220526_004439938.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20220526_004621255.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20220526_004718508.MOTION.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather has remained spring-like, if variable in sun and clouds, today, and my pleasurable duties as tourist guide were discharged early today - no major gastronomic flights of fancy for dinner this evening, hence I am able to post photos in the present tense as to what I wore today. I refrained from the three-piece suits today, and wore something a shade more mainstream, which was fortunate, as my day involved a fair amount of walking, with visits to the Whitney and the Guggenheim. My efforts were appreciated by the two out of town visitors under my aegis, in any case.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - London York
Cufflinks - Saks Fifth Avenue
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Crockett & Jones for Paul Stuart

IMG_7262.JPG

IMG_7255.JPG
IMG_7259.JPG
IMG_7260.JPG
IMG_7261.JPG

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like this brown and grey combo, especially how the textures interact with each other. Drake's linen jacket, 100 Hands white oxford and trousers in Fox Air made by Whitcomb & Shaftesbury.

Excuse the lift selfie.

IMG_4069.JPEG

IMG_4098.JPEG

Oh yes, and the most fitting shoes I could find for this outfit, the good old Belgravia.
IMG_4096.JPEG

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where the Acadamia Nuts grow.

In Haines Hall at UCLA this morning waiting for the anthropology department research project I participated in to begin.

No, they did not think I was the Missing Link.

IMG_2014.jpeg

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, BB#1 stripe tie, and Argyle sweater vest, L L Bean blue OCBD shirt, Thomas Pink pocket square, Lands' End trousers and Allen-Edmonds saddle shoes (made in 1984).

Stopped at Whole Foods in Westwood Village to get some juice before participating the the research project.

They are attempting to discover if there is a Los Angeles accent and since my Great-Grandfather came to Los Angeles from Elmira NY in 1855 (right after the Panama Railroad opened) I was a likely subject for the research project.

IMG_1992.jpeg

Extra Added Attraction: A few UCLA pictures. GO BRUINS.

IMG_2005.jpeg

IMG_2006.jpeg

IMG_2007.jpeg

IMG_2020.jpeg

IMG_2023.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads