• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is overcast, can cooler than average for this time of year, such that I can sneak in one last wearing of something autumnal/wintry without fear of heat prostration. With the latest Friday Challenge, I also have the chance to wear Chelsea/jodhpur/side zip boots, something I've not done in a long while, and this particular pair hasn't seen the light of day in a very long time indeed, hence their feature today, in this ensemble of random chance elements.

Sports jacket & tie - Paul Stuart
Shirt & trousers - Brooks Brothers
Pocket square - New & Lingwood
Boots - Cheaney

IMG_7223.JPG

IMG_7218.JPG
IMG_7220.JPG
IMG_7221.JPG
IMG_7222.JPG

Father Style

Reaction score
Made an appearance in the office yesterday. It was cool enough for tweed so I took advantage.
Brown tweed checked jacket, blue OCBD, khaki chinos, white linen square, unseen brown derbies.
I can't really explain why this particular outfit brought me so much joy, but it did. So simple and comfortable.
The work bathroom has better lighting than my home office, apparently.
Also, is my hair really that grey?

IMG_0008.jpg

fatherstyle.com

tweedlover

Reaction score
Was struggling with whether I liked the aqua color of your pants. Maybe, maybe not but, as to the photo of the purple socks up against the aqua pants, that definitely hit a visual roadblock for me as I don't think purple harmonizes well with aqua.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
er...yes, the SF crowd skews older and wants to look even older. It is fine if people want to look like they fought in the Korean War...

I will continue my anti-loafer crusade, tinfoil hat and all... We live in a world in which trying to convince people with data is impossible, in any case. I must argue on merit.

Chadclass

Reaction score
er...yes, the SF crowd skews older and wants to look even older. It is fine if people want to look like they fought in the Korean War...

I will continue my anti-loafer crusade, tinfoil hat and all... We live in a world in which trying to convince people with data is impossible, in any case. I must argue on merit.
No, you make a fantastic argument and I'm tempted to put on that hat as well. But, I'm a sucker for a nice suede pair of loafers with no socks ;)

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onxorenally