• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MrFingers

Reaction score
Great combination and pieces. Just one detail - it looks slightly weird to me for the shirt to be so closed at the top without a tie. I think it would look better more open (not sure whether this is due to placket, button placement etc.)
Thank you for the feedback! I agree, I didn’t realize how close the shirt was even tho it was unbuttoned. I prefer when it flares out a bit and shows a bit of the chest. Ideally ofc I’d prefer to have a tie on but my shirts don’t fit well in the collar (0.5” too big) so that’s a no go for now

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is sunny, and a shade less cold than it was yesterday, which is good, as I have a midday lunch day, followed by a trip to the Met Museum, and then an early drinks date this evening.

Not expecting to have enough time to photograph and post today's attire, I indulged in the sartorial equivalent of creating a meal out of leftovers. Since the initial lockdown of March 2020, I've learned (or re-learned) how to wash and iron my own shirts, a task arduous enough for me to occasionally "recycle" shirts more than one day (in January, yes; in August, no). Thus it is today with today's shirt. Otherwise, I threw together today's outfit in about five to ten minutes this morning from whatever struck my fancy, and was close at hand. Let's see if I had any success . . .

Sports jacket & scarf - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Joseph A Bank
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via Scully & Scully
Pocket square - Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Trousers, shoes, and cap - Paul Stuart
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud

IMG_6790.JPG

IMG_6786.JPG
IMG_6787.JPG
IMG_6788.JPG
IMG_6789.JPG

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People are posting pictures taken ten years apart on Facebook.

Don't have any pictures taken ten years apart.

Do have two pictures taken fifty two years apart.

This picture was taken today, January 27th 2022, aboard Amtrak Train 770, a southbound Pacific Surfliner, enroute to San Juan Capistrano.

The second picture was taken in April 1968 aboard Santa Fe Railway Train 17, the westbound Super Chief, enroute to Los Angeles.

IMG_0728.jpeg

IMG_0013.jpeg

All Brooks Brothers in both pictures except for Allen-Edmonds shoes in the second picture.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, my version of "James And The Giant Peach", Roy and the giant scone, at the Tea House On Los Rios in San Juan Capistrano CA.

IMG_0760.jpeg

For fans of random train pictures in this thread, Amtrak Train 774, a southbound Pacific Surfliner, arriving in San Juan Capistrano CA while I was waiting for Amtrak Train 777, a northbound Pacific Surfliner, to go back where I came from.

IMG_0786.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Where do you usually take inspiration for your style? Choose up to 3 answers

• Styleforum & other menswear forums

• Instagram

• TikTok

• Reddit

• Fashion Magazines

• Fashion Blogs

• Friends & Acquaintances

• Celebrities/influencers

• TV Shows & Movies