• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC continues to be dry-ish (raining only at night), and today is relatively mild (tomorrow is predicted to be much colder), allowing one to dress without fear of incurring an extra-large bill at one's dry cleaner.

Today's ensemble includes a small visual "scherzo" - a joke, if you will. This past weekend, I saw the movie "The House of Gucci", which mentioned that Paolo Gucci went off on his own, designing his own line of clothes. In the back of my closet, I found one of Paolo Gucci's ties, picked up by me at the late and much mourned downtown Manhattan discounter Century 21 some 25 years ago or more. As it coordinated reasonably well with the rest of my attire for today, I included it as part of my get-up for today. I've included a photo of the label.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Paolo Gucci
Cufflinks - Century 21
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson, London
Shoes - Canali
Topcoat - Turnbull & Asser
Scarf - Brooks Brothers
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center, NYC

IMG_6520.JPG

IMG_6513.JPG