• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stevam

Reaction score
What don't you like about it, if you don't mind me asking. It looks fairly regular based on the picture you posted. What kind of fit are you moving toward?
Sure, Sir, I don't mind at all!

Jacket - I need more room on my shoulders and arms. It currently feels restrictive when I move... For instance, I can't drive comfortably or cross my arms smoothly. I thought it was supposed to feel like that, but the more I read, the more I realise I was wrong. I asked the tailor who made it about alterations, he suggested it would be major surgery to the suit...

Trousers - they are OK but could definitely be a bit more comfy at crotch and thighs. It can be fixed, so I'm considering keeping them after alteration and just give away the jacket.

MattyS

Reaction score
I have always been particularly fond of navy In menswear. A majority of my tailored clothing is navy, but this is the one week of the year where I refuse to wear anything resembling blue or maize. Instead This week I’m going to try to incorporate the colors Scarlet and gray into all my outfits to show support for the Ohio state Buckeyes as they meet that team up north for 118th time for there rivalry game. Today I’ve gone simple with my Spier and mackay double breasted gray suit with a red knit tie with a charcoal overcoat with flecks of red in it!
GO BLUE! :D

Brennenman

Reaction score
In mostly Flannels..The shirt is a solid sky blue, but the lighting does not reflect that..
View attachment 1708618 View attachment 1708620 View attachment 1708621 View attachment 1708624 View attachment 1708625 View attachment 1708626 View attachment 1708627 View attachment 1708628 View attachment 1708629
View attachment 1708632

Blazer: Spier and Mackay (Flannel)
Shirt: Hugo Boss
Tie: Cable Car Clothiers (100% Wool)
Pants: Suit Supply (Flannel)
Shoes: Meermin
Pocket Square: R Douglas (100% Wool)
Absolutely dapper! Love the look!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is sunnier, yet colder today, than yesterday. I am continuing down the path of plain suits with patterned shirts today. Today's shirt was a MTM commission from Brooks Brothers, only the fabric selected was a mistake, which, in the end, Brooks Brothers graciously gave to me. It's an adventuresome pattern, to be sure, but with keeping the other elements of the ensemble simple, it seems to work, at least IMHO.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Braces - Lewin
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Crockett & Jones private label for Paul Stuart
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason, London
Hat - Laird, London

IMG_6484.JPG

IMG_6478.JPG
IMG_6480.JPG
IMG_6481.JPG
IMG_6482.JPG
IMG_6483.JPG

bernoulli

Reaction score
I am honored and I believe you look good with a scarf to spice things up. I should mention that I have learned from the best: the one and only @upr_crust. I also have the full support of my wife, who in essence doubled her choices in scarves.

View attachment 1708573

Inspired by @bernoulli his most recent post. Trying to make a relatively traditional outfit more fun with a scarf. What do you think? Too much color?

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.