• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

cr2596

Reaction score
A couple of years ago, I purchased a flannel, mid-grey POW PRL suit for nothing on eBay. A bit of an experiment for alterations in concept, but the jacket just didn't work for me. I kept the pants, knowing they'd be a gem, once brought in at the waist and tapered a bit. I brought the jacket to my dad, thinking he might pull it off. The weekend I brought it, he never tried it on, I never thought about it again.

I just had those pants altered, three weeks ago. Wore them tonight for the first time for my cousin's wedding rehearsal dinner. Paired it with a mauve shirt and a navy blazer. My dad walks out of the bathroom in a pair of navy pants, white shirt, and the jacket from the eBay suit. He'd never worn it before. Yet, on the same day in the same hotel room, we separately put on the exact opposite, yet exact same outfit. A rare, odd moment of symmetry and cohesiveness in a place of love and celebration. Also, something unnoticed by anyone but me and my father.

A terrible image, but something had to accompany the story..
IMG_9474.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

VOTE: Layering Friday Challenge

• @gerry nelson

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • @xeoniq

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • @Tar Heel

Votes: 7 11.7%