• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

EUtroll

Reaction score
I can see that. Purple pants are not for everyone. I think you have a sense of my style at this point and it does include purple pants. It's not created to work for you. It's created to work for me. In the context of my style, do the pants work i.e. are they in keeping with what I've been wearing for the past decade? Is it part of a consistent body of work? Yes, it is. Me not wearing colored strides with sport coats is like you not wearing hard 3 button jackets. I'll stop when you do. :lol:

You'll be happy to know the green pants are gone. A victim of pandemic weight gain. I'm on a hunt for a new pair.

The jacket is linen with patch pockets. I wouldn't call it a business blazer at all. I guess it depends on what your definition of business is. A lot of people think anything with buttons is a business shirt.
I love the purple trousers but would have opted for a navy sc or a darker shade of grey.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Graduation. Not sold on the tie. Any recommendations?
My suggestion might not be for you, but since you asked......Your light, bright, largely linen ensemble screams summer while the tie is a sedate, dark navy affair. I'd agree that its contribution to your look is marginal.

With the light colors being grey and a standout purple, I might look at a solid light blue tie. Blue is of course a constituent of purple and goes well with grey. If you go with a paler solid the contrast will be low enough that the pants can do the talking. Right now, I htink the very dark tie (with the pattern) and bright pants create competing high-ish contrasts.

Here's a very cheap option from the Tie Bar that is somewhere along the lines of what I might look at. There are higher quality options out there of course. See what you think.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My suggestion might not be for you, but since you asked......Your light, bright, largely linen ensemble screams summer while the tie is a sedate, dark navy affair. I'd agree that its contribution to your look is marginal.

With the light colors being grey and a standout purple, I might look at a solid light blue tie. Blue is of course a constituent of purple and goes well with grey. If you go with a paler solid the contrast will be low enough that the pants can do the talking. Right now, I htink the very dark tie (with the pattern) and bright pants create competing high-ish contrasts.

Here's a very cheap option from the Tie Bar that is somewhere along the lines of what I might look at. There are higher quality options out there of course. See what you think.

Thank you for your thoughtful response.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather is again lovely here in NYC - sunny, pleasantly warm with low humidity. I chose today's suit on the basis that I've not worn it in a long while, and I've always found this suit most comfortable to wear.

Suit - Brooks Brothers Regent model
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Company
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_20210624_122914.jpg

IMG_20210624_111707.jpg
IMG_20210624_122007.jpg
IMG_20210624_122522.jpg
IMG_20210624_122631.jpg