HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

This can't be true! I didn't know you could look good while shopping at Macys'!

2. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

:rotflmao: I don't think it's a common occurrence.
    I'll also add that I'm positive that this was a freak of Macy's and will probably never happen again!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  3. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Today [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] No shoe shot because errybody gonna get up in my bidness about how they need a shine (which they got once I got to work). But they're wholecuts.

4. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Awesome suit, great tie, not sure about the PS, but are those derbies on your feet?

5. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Nope. Wholecuts.

If it helps, the square has purple in it, it's just not showing in the fold.

6. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

@Coxsackie - that's very simply the best fit from you that I've seen. That suit is fabulous.

@Gerry Nelson - are you tinting the colours of your pictures a fair bit towards the blue end of the spectrum? It seems a little overdone occasionally and I'd prefer to see the 'natural' colours...

Anyway, here's me today. Nothing complicated: blue-black herringbone odd jacket (with those 60s style lapels which some of you love to hate!), vintage 1960s BB repp tie and vintage silk PS, CT shirt, lovely Paul Stuart Phineas Cole mid-grey flannel pants (you can't really see how lovely they are from the second picture, which is largely for fit purposes).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

The way the light shines on the creasing made it look like derbies. Wholecuts are perfect for that fit.

I really like how you used that black tie there, and it makes your outfit a little austere, bordering on monochrome, which is awesome. The purple in your suit and tie liven it up a little, but then your PS just comes out of nowhere. It doesn't work with the overall look you're going for, as my eye immediately goes towards it. It's too bold and bright. A simple white linen hanky would have been perfect, or if you must a very sober silk square.

8. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

No, that photo was taken at the end of the day with dwindling light. If anything, I had to increase the exposure in post-processing.

9. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

Sorry for the lousy cell phone photo, but it was cool enough to wear cashmere, so out came the double breasted Hickey Freeman. :)
    [​IMG]

10. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Wow, okay. I guess that explains the blueness!

11. Gerry Nelson

Yes, morning light is much better.

12. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Thanks everyone for the thumbs and compliments. Like many of the posters here, I occasionally manage to put something good together, but not all the time. I certainly have enough quality pieces now - that suit (Canali) is one of them. I've posted it a couple of times previously and it usually gets plenty of thumbs.

Just have to try for more consistency now. My overall style is a bit on the dandy side for SF and I don't plan to change that, but it's nice to be able to tone things down from time to time and do it well. The feedback I get here has helped me immensely toward that goal.

13. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Yeah, that's what I thought. Nice to see they have some decent pieces. I might go give it a look soon, especially with the cool weather here!

14. Gerry Nelson

@FlyingMonkey , even though most of the parts in the first photo below are blue and the angle of the shot is different, it doesn't look as blue-y to me as the jacket shot from yesterday. These were taken this morning before I headed out for work. I might need to tone down the blue for those evening shots.

Raw silk for spring:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. paisley

paisley Member

For sure u can. I am surpised to hear that. The suit is not altered yet, is at least aprox. 15 cm too wide in the waist. Trousers are way too wide, but hey, it´s vintage, and I like this ol fashioned attitude of this piece. Fits not to me, but to the concept.
    Well, as an old sport, you should now that I just don´t care how I look ;).