• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

psb

Reaction score
Today is casual friday, no need for a suit.
Have a successful day alltogether and a good start into the weekend.

Jacket: Suit Supply
Shrit: Cove bespoke
Tie and braces: Shibumi
PS: Poszetka
Trousers: Cove bespoke
Shoes: Alden
Socks: Pantherella

#1 - Kopie.JPG
#2 - Kopie.JPG
#3 - Kopie.JPG
#4 - Kopie.JPG
#5 - Kopie.JPG
#6 - Kopie.JPG
#8 - Kopie.JPG
#9 - Kopie.JPG

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still struggling with the lighting in my office. I do quite like the pairing of this particular wool tie with the slate blue of the three-piece suit, so I feel like sharing today's ensemble, good lighting or not.
IMG_3464.JPG

corpseposeur

Reaction score
Suit looks great. Tom does good work. Is this MTM or bespoke? I just received my first MTM jacket in a Moon twill from his suit copying service. Redmayne's has a wonderful soft construction and certainly fits and feels better than any other MTM that I've had made so far. I'm planning another order for a MTM jacket but a part of me wonders if I should wait for travel to open back to and from the United States and get a bespoke version. Do you have an opinion between his MTM and bespoke?

Covid added some kilos to my frame; life hates me
Tom Mahon again; I flew to t/r London in one day in one day to collect this suit View attachment 1558384

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the handkerchief with this. Nice choice!

I have to ask, are your shirts linen? They have that exact crispness combined with a slight rumple that I prefer in my own collars too.

Great choices, as usual.
Thanks much. The vast majority of my shirts are either linen or linen/cotton blends. Unless forced, I don't really see myself ever reverting back to cotton.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit looks great. Tom does good work. Is this MTM or bespoke? I just received my first MTM jacket in a Moon twill from his suit copying service. Redmayne's has a wonderful soft construction and certainly fits and feels better than any other MTM that I've had made so far. I'm planning another order for a MTM jacket but a part of me wonders if I should wait for travel to open back to and from the United States and get a bespoke version. Do you have an opinion between his MTM and bespoke?

Tom is one of the best, and he has made several suits for me, and he is a most pleasant man - but I had some bad luck when he just started Redmayne.
Mostly he does top notch, so I forgive him. And I have had worse experience with other high end providers.
All he has done for me is MTM. Since I don't have a very difficult body, MTM serves my needs, and the extra costs don't defend bespoke.

corpseposeur

Reaction score
Tom is one of the best, and he has made several suits for me, and he is a most pleasant man - but I had some bad luck when he just started Redmayne.
Mostly he does top notch, so I forgive him. And I have had worse experience with other high end providers.
All he has done for me is MTM. Since I don't have a very difficult body, MTM serves my needs, and the extra costs don't defend bespoke.
Thank for your insight. I don't think I have anything particularly unusual but I have some trouble with my broad shoulders which leads to some collar roll but with Tom's MTM that's very minimal.

Last year I ordered two bespoke suits from Whitcomb & Shaftesbury and Kent & Haste before the lockdown happened. I think this was more for curiosity and reserved for special events like weddings or something. It's probably good to have one or two bespoke items it's a substantial expense.

However, for regular daily wear I think Redmayne's MTM is ideal. I also really like Meyer and Mortimer's MTM trousers. Both are at a very good value for the price.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is casual friday, no need for a suit.
Have a successful day alltogether and a good start into the weekend.

Jacket: Suit Supply
Shrit: Cove bespoke
Tie and braces: Shibumi
PS: Poszetka
Trousers: Cove bespoke
Shoes: Alden
Socks: Pantherella

View attachment 1558206 View attachment 1558207 View attachment 1558208 View attachment 1558209 View attachment 1558210 View attachment 1558211 View attachment 1558212 View attachment 1558213
Beautiful Footwork, But This Tie, Wow! :bigstar::bigstar::bigstar:

Reactions: psb

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads